EIGHTEEN (EDITED)

!THIS CHAPTER IS EDITED!: EDITED ON 28/03/2024!

𝐒𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐞: 𝐀. 𝐂𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐧 𝐱 𝐁. 𝐒𝐰𝐚𝐧

**************

━━━━✧༺✶༻✧ ━━━━━

{ECLIPSE}

━━━━✧༺✶༻✧ ━━━━━

· · ─────── · NO ONE'S POV · ─────── · 

On the tv, there was an Reporter that was talking. "Seattle is in a state of terror..." the Reporter trills of. "Police are baffled by the escalating murders and disappearances." Carlisle and Jasper watch with concern. Emmett is draped over the couch. 

Bella and Alice enter as the Reporter speaks.  "Theories range from a vicious new gang to a wildly active serial killer... Reporting live, Dawn Chubai. CNN." Carlisle sighs, "It's getting worse. We're going to have to do something." 

Carlisle mutters, Jasper crosses his arms. "It takes more than one of our kind to cause the damage they're reporting." He says, "Quite a few more. They're undisciplined, conspicuous..." Jasper says, "Newborns." 

Edweirdo scoffs as Bella looks at her mate. "What, like new vampires?" She asks as her mate sighs, "In their first few months after the change." She mutters, "That's when we're at our most uncontrollable, vicious, insane with thirst." 

Jasper says, "Something to look forward to." Emmett says, "No one has trained these newborns, but this isn't random." Jasper says. "Someone's creating an army." Jasper nods, Emmett rises, "Oh, now we definitely going to Seattle." 

Emmett says as he grins. "An Army of vampires?" Bella questions as Alice pulls her mate onto her lap. "And they've been created to fight someone." Bella and Alices eyes widen as they look at each other. "We're the only clan even close to Seattle." 

Alice mutters, Carlisle looks at his coven. "Regardless, of who are they were may, if we don't put a stop to them, the Volturi will." He says, "I'm surprised they've let it go on this long." Edweirdo scoffs.

"Maybe they're behind it. In Italy, I read Aro's mind..." He trills of, "He wants Bella and Alice to join him... there gifts would shore up his power." Alice scoffs at him Edweirdo sighs, "He knows they'd never choose him as long as our family is still alive." 

Edweirdo says as he looks at his family who sigh at him. "An army could solve that for him." Alice growls at him. "They'll only want us cause Aro and Sulpicia have a parent bond to Bella and you know that!" 

Alice yells. "And I'm her mate and they don't want their daughter with out her mate!" Bella nods. "She is my mate, not yours!" Edweirdo growls as Alice growls back at him. Her eyes turning black in anger.

"And I'm not letting the Volturi, take what's mine!" He growls. "For the last time, I'm not your mate! I'm your singer!" Bella yells, getting sick of him. Edweirdo glares at them. "Son, stop." Carlisle warns as he glares at his son. "Really, Carlisle?!" Edweirdo whines. 

"Your gonna believe them!" He yells as Carlisle scoffs. "I'm not just believe them But I know it's the truth. And I'm afraid that young Bella is just your singer and not your mate." Carlisle says, Edweirdo growls at them all. 

"I'm sure you'll find your mate soon, son." Carlisle says but Edweirdo runs out in anger. Meanwhile in an Abandoned Cannery, in Seattle Harbour Front at night. A newborn vampire careens into the wall, cracking bricks. 

He falls to the ground at the feet of Riley, who spins on a second newborn. "Next one who starts a fight gets his arms ripped off!"  Riley steps over a human man lying on the ground, barely alive. The Newborn #2 watches hungrily as Newborn #1 dives on the man, taking what's left of his life. 

There are another Dozen of Newborns of both genders who feed, lounge, fight. What they have in common is ferocity, strength, and thirst. Riley goes to a young girl, who was called Bree, who was only 15, who lies in a corner, just awakening. 

As he squats to check on her, she suddenly jumps up, backs against the wall, scared, disoriented and profoundly thirsty. Her hand flies to her neck where she was bitten. Bree looks at him in shock and horror.

"What—what did you do to me?" Behind Riley the two newborn vampires start pushing each other again, the fight reigniting, irritating Riley. Bree's eyes widen, "I'm so---so..." Riley nods.  "Yeah, I know. We'll find you someone to drink. The thirst will calm after a while."

"I've got a year under my belt and I'm ok –" Just then Newborn #1 rips Newborn #2's head completely off. Bree screams in horror. Riley shakes his head, he leaves Bree in confusion and walks away. Bree looks around. "I...I need to get out of here...." She mutters in her head.

Back in Bella's house in the kitchen, Charlie was looks at the flier that reads "Have you seen me?" that had showed Riley's face. He sits at the table staring at it. Bella enters, dropping her backpack, coat. "Hey. Did you eat dinner yet?" 

Charlie shakes his head, "Um... no... I haven't." She looks over his shoulder and sees the flier. "This kid Riley Biers, disappeared over a year ago. And his poor parents been papering Seattle with these things ever since." 

Bella sighs, "You think they should just give up?" Charlie shakes his head. "I wouldn't. If it were you... Not ever." Charlie sighs as he unexpectedly wraps an arm around her waist, pulling her close. After a beat, he releases her, rising to cover his emotionality.

"So, one large, extra cheese?" He says as he smiles. Later that night in Bella's room. Bella was cocooned in her bed in the dark. Alice lies next to her, her mother's quilt laying on them. Bella rests her head on Alice's chest as sleep claims her. Alice looks at her mate and gently kisses her fore head. 

Meanwhile outside of Bella house, Emmett and Rosalie are standing several paces apart. Stone still, keeping watch, listening. They hear a sound, both springing at once to find behind them two wolves. Here to take over sentry duty. 

Slowly, Emmett and Rosalie back away, the wolves eying their every move. A truce but a tense one.

TO BE CONTINUED.......

━━━━✧༺✶༻✧ ━━━━━