The meeting and the escape

Ten years ago, the fastest sword in the world was Li Xiangyi's. At only fifteen he defeated the demon of Blood Realm and became the best martial artist in the world. At the age of seventeen he founded the Sigu Sect and at the age of twenty he became the head of the martial arts world. He ended chaotic fights and became a legend. Some thought he was the hope of the martial arts world in the Central Plains, many wanted to defeat him and among them was Di Feisheng, the leader of the Jinyuan Alliance of the Valley of Demons, a people of human-looking magical creatures who practiced demonic cultivation. He even killed Shan Gudao, Li Xiangyi's shixiong, and this led to the Battle of the East Sea where both were presumed dead.

Is that the truth?

------

Finally his first official mission as a detective. All right, he wasn't a detective at BaiChuan Court yet, but if he solved three cases, he would definitely be admitted to the academy. He had been trying to get in for three years, every time he managed to pass the selection but on threat of his mother was always thrown out. Court life was not for him, he wanted to travel in the Jianghu and bring justice, he wanted to be a detective and respect the will of his master. He would have made him proud when he came back, because yes, Li Xiangyi was not dead, he was just temporarily indisposed, he knew it. A great fighter like him could not perish at the hands of such a vile creature as Di Feisheng, the last dragon demon. One day he would come back and Fang Duobing will prove his strength.

With firm steps and a big smile on his face, Fang Duobing entered the inn followed by Li'er and Wang Fu. The innkeeper made them sit down and while he was sipping the tea kindly poured by his maid he thought about the case that had been assigned to him. They were in Jiazhou, the head of the Lingshan Sect, Wang Qingshan, had sent a letter about sightings of some members of the Jinyuan Alliance suspecting the return of the demonic sect. Baichuan Court was about to send someone to investigate when the news of the Sect Leader's death arrived. Everyone knew that Elder Wang was trying to ascend to immortality but his departure and the appearance of Jinyuan Alliace was a too big coincidence. So Fang Duobing offered to investigate.

His thoughts were interrupted by the confusion created by a group of people just entering the inn. Eight men pushed towards one of the tables a young man dressed in simple clothes and a wooden clip in the shape of a lotus stem in his hair.

"You said you'd bring him back to life, if you don't I'll rip your fingernails off!" He threatened what appeared to be the gang leader.

The young man widened his eyes frightened carrying his hands on his chest trying to protect them.

"Let's see you if play with us again!" The leader of the group threw himself at him. The young man in white robes moved to the side trying to avoid him and ended up right against Fang Duobing's table.

Unable to stand still and watch, the young master of Tianji Hall stood up to defend him and managed in a few moves to knock out all the opponents. Attacking a man clearly unable to defend himself was cowardly but surely they had to have a reason so he called the innkeeper.

"Tell me what happened"

"You see young master, these men brought a coffin into the courtyard and took a doctor to bring back to life the man inside."

That's interesting, thought Fang Duobing.

The young man, who apparently was a doctor, nodded vigorously. He was standing on the sidelines, holding the shoulder he hit the table with earlier. He did not seem to possess any miraculous ability, to see him better he seemed very frail. Perhaps too weak to practice martial arts but smart enough to become a scholar and had chosen to practice medicine. Although he was a doctor, he certainly could not bring back the dead and had found himself forced to do something immoral.