Chapter 1: The Demon

I'm dead, aren't I? I fell into the Underground and died when I landed. All around me is dark. It's so cold. I can't believe I didn't just drop it when Frisk told me to.

"If you don't want to die, then stay determined."

Where did that voice come from?

It doesn't matter. It's right. I can't die here, not because of a stupid decision I made.

* Determination. *

I wake up gasping and clutching my chest as I swiftly sit upright. I was on the floor of the cavern from my dreams. It looked just like it did, down to the last detail. I was lying in a patch of grass in the middle of the room. There were no golden flowers like in my dream. It appeared that there used to be something growing there, but it must have wilted here with no one to care for them.

I was sore all over, but very much alive. I'll have to thank whatever that voice was for that, I guess. I take a few deep breaths before standing up. Luckily, nothing was broken.

I take in my surroundings and try to catch my bearings. In contrast to my dreams, I actually didn't feel alone. In fact, it felt like someone was watching me, which was a bit paranoia inducing. "Hello?" I call out, not really expecting a response.

I didn't get a response, so I decided to just start walking. Passing through an empty cave, I walked through an ornate doorway and into a pink ruined area. I was now in the Ruins, at least from my memory of Frisk's storys that's what this place was called.

All of the puzzles were still solved, most likely from Frisk's journey. I honestly don't know what I was looking for. For all I know, I'm down here looking for a hallucination.

The walk through the Ruins was fairly quick. The ruins ended with a fairly normal looking house. It must have been Toriel's old home.

As I entered, I could feel the presence that had been watching me intensify, as if though it was glaring. I walked throughout the house, looking around for anything useful. I took a second to stop and look in the mirror in the hallway, mostly to see if I was injured badly in places I couldn't see.

I was hurt and bruised, but nothing that wouldn't heal. I decided not to go into the bedrooms, respecting Toriel's privacy.

When I finished looking around, I didn't see anything of note left behind in the house, so I went the only way I could to go forward, down the stairs.

Downstairs, there was a large hallway with a huge door at the end. The door was tough to push open, but I managed. I did my best to ignore the ever-present staring feeling as I walked into what I assumed to be Snowdin, given the now frigid atmosphere.

I began to walk through the forested path, shivering as I walked, hoping that maybe I could find some supplies in Snowdin to make a ladder or some other way out.

Just as I avoided stepping on a branch, I was shoved to the ground swiftly by a ghostly pale girl in a green striped sweater. She looked like a literal ghost, being semi transparent and all. She was about my age and my height.

Right after I hit the ground, a huge tree limb came down right where I was standing. If she didn't push me, that probably. "Woah, uh, hi? Thanks?" I say, not really sure what to say exactly to the ghost girl.

She scoffed as I scrambled to my feet and just disappeared on the spot. I looked around, surprised at her sudden appearance and disappearance.

"Hey, where did you go?" I call out, looking around. The feeling of being watched never left, so I assumed she was still here. Why did she save me if she was just going to disappear again?