|#9. Fun Moments|

Ruhana is lying on the bed, reading a book. It's been her habit since childhood, which has not changed yet. There are days when she is super busy, but she takes out time for reading. The beeping sound of her phone breaks her trance. She checks the watch; it's close to 12 a.m., and she wonders who it could be at this hour. In the next instant, she chides herself, saying that it must be any of her friends sending messages on the WhatsApp group. She finishes reading the chapter and as she turns a little, Aarna grunts at the moment.

"Di, book subah padh lena, abhi so jaao na please." Aarna says so sleepily and puts her hand around her waist.

"Tu so ja, main lights band kar rahi hoon

"Tu so ja, main lights band kar rahi hoon." Ruhana says, smearing her hair.

She keeps the book in the drawer and picks up her mobile to have a glance when she finds Vineet's name flashing on the screen. She immediately checks the message and is thoughtful for a moment. She types a reply and sends it to him. Her lips curve into a small smile as she recalls his message and she drifts into sleep, her thoughts pondering over Vineet only.

*****
Ruhana wakes up in the morning and is surprised to see that Aarna is already awake. She calls for her sister, who enters the room with a tray holding two cups, one for herself and one for Ruhana. She sets the tray on the side table and jumps on the bed beside her sister. Aarna begins to speak before her sister can ask any questions.

"Aaj tour registration ka last day hai na, toh mujhe college jaldi jaana hai

"Aaj tour registration ka last day hai na, toh mujhe college jaldi jaana hai. Aur phir kuch assignments bhi submit karni hai. Aaj Taara mujhe pick karegi, toh aap aaram se apna kaam kar sakte ho." Aarna speaks, answering all the questions in one go; at least she hopes so.

"Tu har kaam last minute pe kyun karti hai?" Ruhana glances at her.

"It's fun, Didu. - Kal mauka nahi mila naa, toh nahi de paayi. Taara ko bhi aap jaanti ho naa!" Aarna says, putting the blame on her friend.