Chapter 5

"Blue hydrangea, cold cash, divine. Cashmere, cologne and hot sunshine"

After he had ordered her to stand and follow him into another room, Meo did so, following the black-haired man down the hallway and into the main room. She tried not to glance at Kazuna sitting on one of the couches, who was grimacing and watching them worriedly. It wasn't like Drag to hold private conversations with someone other than Dakedei, so it couldn't be anything good. If she hadn't known better, she would've hopped up and distracted Meo with her chatter or something. Instead she took to biting her lip and wringing her hands as she watched the two head down the second hallway.

The second hallway was less used than the other parts of the house, especially since Dragonov had forbidden every member under the age of twenty-one from even entering the main room that the hallway led down to; the real lounge. The one downstairs was more of a bonus game room that Judas, Mitchell and Nitrous had taken upon themselves to make. It was dimly lit, leaving Meo to guess that the wallpaper matched the other hallway. She nearly bumped into Drag, who had stopped to open the double doors that lead into the pristine lounge that didn't really fit the interior of the house at all.

He flipped on the lights and didn't wait for her as he headed immediately over towards the granite bar that stood to the far right of the room. Meo gazed around, taking in the grand piano firstly towards the left of the room. There was a wide-set space between the beautiful instrument and two couches, which were seated around a white coffee table. Her first instinct was to go over and play something—piano was one of the many talents she had but perhaps the only one she recognized, but she figured it'd be rude, especially since Drag had wanted to speak with her.

She headed towards the bar that could seat five people, and took the middle seat, glancing at herself in the mirror on the wall behind it, the glass shelves holding various drinking glasses and a few bottles of different alcohols. Already two glasses were sitting on the granite counter, and Drag was digging through the counter cabinets below. He stood back up with a nearly empty bottle of Jack Daniels and swore under his breath.

Glancing at her, he smiled. "Simple thinks I'm an alcoholic."

She couldn't help but laugh. "I've never seen you drink."

"That's because I haven't in awhile. Not here, anyways." He responded, pouring the remaining bits into the two stout glasses.

Meo's brow scrunched when she realized what he was doing. "I'm only nineteen."

This didn't seem to faze him. "I'm aware of that. But considering that we aren't in public, I'm watching over you and I'm going to control your intake, I think you'll be alright."

She took the glass he slid over to her and glanced down warily into the amber liquid that shone brilliantly. She hadn't ever had whiskey before, but she had smelt her dad's occasional glass several times, and it didn't smell too good. Then again, not was much alcohol by itself.

Dragonov had already downed half his glass when Meo was still sniffing at hers, frowning and trying not to be rude. He watched expectantly and quietly, almost knowing she wouldn't like it.

She took a breath and sipped a healthy mouthful, swallowing before she could really taste it. Immediately her throat caught fire and she coughed several times, placing the glass delicately back down and cupping her hand over her burning lips.

He laughed—actually laughed, and even through her frenzied state she could tell the sound was rare. "Would you prefer something else?"

Immediately, she shook her head, trying to keep her eyes from watering and to hold down the remaining coughs.