Chapter Fifty Three: Disoriented and Disowned

Amelia stared at him incredulously, before turning to Om...

Now she understood why Sebastian hadn't interrupted the Professor's annoying tirade. He was staring in shock. The polyjuice potion had worn off; no doubt having been made by someone who was subpar in potions. Garreth?

He did look a bit odd in the lounge, but she assumed that was because of what Ominis had said to him earlier this week.

The person in front of her now in a suit too large for their stature. Their smile was sinister and their hair was radiantly blonde in the sun shining down at the corridor.

"Bonjour." She winked at Sebastian, before disarming Amelia in her stupor, "I hope this doesn't ruin what we had been us, mon amour." Nathalie turned her head to Nicholas to had appeared.

His nose turned up at them all, "Enough." To Sebastian, his lip raised. "I see you've met my fiancée." Amelia heard footsteps running and then Ominis appeared around the corridor with the side of his head bleeding. Malfoy sighed heavily, "I thought you were unconscious. Take her to Ben, Nathy."

Nails dug into her forearm and the last thing she saw was Ominis bellowing her name, raising his wand to fight... But it was too late. Reality had finally crashed down. Nathalie was the rat, but it was Amelia that got caught in her trap.

Disoriented and Disowned

Being forcibly Apparated sent her to her knees upon landing. She wretched with nothing, but stomach bile coming out and a bitter expression on her face.

"Ugh." Nathalie glanced down at her in disgust. "Take this."

The witch sank her fingers into the other witch's chin and jaw, forcing it to open. Amelia glared hatefully, refusing to go down easily. She shoved the witch away, taking a few seconds to see where they'd landed.

It appeared to be an abandoned pub somewhere along the highlands, but what worried her was the ancient floo chimney outside. As long as it was connected, that floo could send her anywhere in the world with no way for Ominis to track her.

Amelia rolled back to her ass and kicked out her leg; swinging it in a half circle. Nathalie was caught by surprise, yelping from the other witch's heel digging into her ankle. Being caught in clothes far too big for her also helped her motions to be clumsy.

Smirking, Amelia stood up and went to run when her hair was pulled from behind. She shrieked in pain, falling backwards towards the ground. Her aggressor didn't let go of her hair and she met his sinister gaze.

"Hello, Amy."

"B-mmf"

Whatever he shoved between her lips, it was small like a pebble. It melted and she realized it was some sort of pill that released a numbing toxin. She went to spit it out, but his hand let go of her hair only to shove his hand over her mouth and pinch her nostrils shut. She couldn't breathe. Her lungs began to burn and she swallowed.

Only then did he let go; allowing her head to hit the ground. Whatever potion had been imbued in the small pill made her head feel entirely too hazy. It felt like she didn't have control of herself. A kick to her stomach sent her flying a few feet away.

She couldn't even scream.

All she could do was register the pain and look numbly at the small expanse of ground and sky she could see.