Chapter 31 - Feelings Inside

Tevin and Sam stroll near Maahi and Rehaan. When Rehaan notices Tevin's outfit, he gives it a quick glance.

"Tevin, you're wearing the same dress as my brother. Did you guys plan this?" she inquires.

Rehaan looks at her and takes her hand. "Did you tell them, Maahi?" he questions.

"No way! It's just a coincidence," she clarifies.

"I was also surprised by the outfit. But it's nice to see," Sam chimes in.

"Shall we go then?" Maahi asks Sam.

Sam nods, stands up from the seat, and walks with her, waving to Rehaan.

Tevin gazes at Rehaan.

Tevin inquires, "Are you interested in going somewhere?"

Rehaan responds, "No, I'll stay here. If you want, you can join Maahi."

Tevin joins Rehaan with a warm smile on his face.

"I also prefer staying here."

Rehaan questions, "How much longer are you going to keep up this act?"

"I suppose... until you grow tired of it," Tevin smirks.

"What do you mean?"

"You're the one who initiated the act, Rehaan. Remember, you asked me to please your sister. So, you can end it whenever you want."

Rehaan chuckles, "Am I really allowed to do that?" he asks.

"Uhh!" Tevin exclaims.

"No, I thought. Only you have the power to bring everything to an end. On your own terms," Rehaan said firmly.

"Rehaan, please stop," Tevin pleaded.

"What should I stop? I haven't even begun," Rehaan replied defiantly.

"The conversation is going down a path we've been through before. Can we please just sit here peacefully? I don't want to fight with you," he implored.

"Tevin, I don't understand why, but being calm around you seems impossible," Rehaan confessed.

"I know I've made mistakes in the past, but I'm genuinely trying to be a better person now. I'm putting in a lot of effort to make you happy, Rehaan," he explained.

"Really? Because I haven't seen any evidence of that. Am I blind or something? All I see is a person with malicious intentions," Rehaan retorted.

"Rehaan, If being around me makes you this uncomfortable, then I'll leave now," he said, standing up and walking away.

Rehaan was disappointed by Tevin's lack of effort to convince him. He felt let down 'Tevin, you still didn't try to convince me anything. You just tried to justify you. You didn't change at all'. Wiping away his tears, Rehaan was left feeling disheartened. Despite his initial distress, he eventually gathered himself and decided to confront Tevin.

Rehaan couldn't find Tevin anywhere. He looked around until he spotted Tevin sitting at a table, resting his head on his hands. Tevin appeared exhausted. Rehaan hesitated for a moment before approaching Tevin and placing a comforting hand on his back.

"Tevin? Maahi will be searching for us," Rehaan says, catching Tevin's attention.

Tevin, who appeared exhausted, raises his head to look at Rehaan.

Concerned, Rehaan moves closer and asks, "What's wrong, Tevin? Are you okay?"

Tevin nods weakly, attempting to stand up but his leg gives out. Rehaan sits down beside him and gently touches Tevin's face, noticing his excessive panting.

"You're burning up, Tevin. You have a fever."

Tevin shakes his head and avoids eye contact.

Worried, Rehaan places his hand on Tevin's forehead. "You definitely have a fever. Why did you come here if you're not feeling well?"

Tevin looks at Rehaan but remains silent. The intensity of his gaze answers Rehaan's question.

To be continued...