𝙸𝙽𝙵𝙾𝚁𝙼𝙰𝚃𝙸𝙾𝙽

━━━━─── • ───━━━━

Genre / Subgenre(s)

Historical Fiction, Adventure, Paranormal

Published and Written by JoelleSC

Jade Fire, originally titled "Mysteries of Jade Fire", upon first e-publish, was initially a one-shot short story meant for participation in (and eventually winning) Wattpad's HistoricalFiction monthly anthology contest. Obviously, a fun thing I wanted to try out as one of my first contests I have ever taken part on the platform! Soon, it will be expanded into a full-length novel perhaps after my first focus on "Dinosaurs Don't Dance" and an upcoming Romance book, "Mr. Big Banana". Oh yeah.

Below, is the prompt that I had written for the contest:

The first ever mention of a Great Wall in China is in a poem from 800 BCE. Throughout the centuries, add-ons have been built, connecting to various parts across the country, creating a Great Wall, but all that remains today is a small fraction of what it once was. Write a story about the origins of this wall. Why was it built?

━━━━─── • ───━━━━

INFLUENCES AND INSPIRATIONS

━━━━─── • ───━━━━

Movies: The Mummy Saga, Indiana Jones Saga, The Great Wall (2016), Incantation (2022)

Other influences:

Chinese cultures especially pertaining to supernatural superstitions, Qing Dynasty, Ancient China, and other historical events related to the coming of the British upon South Eastern seas.

━━━━─── • ───━━━━

DISCLAIMER

━━━━─── • ───━━━━

Jade Fire | Origins of The Great Wall is a work of fiction. All names, characters, businesses, events and incidents are the products of the author's imagination. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, companies of any kind is purely coincidental with exception of mentioning real world historical events or real world businesses.

Rated PG-13

Copyright © 2023 @JoelleSC. All rights reserved. This book or any portion may not be reproduced or used in any manner without express written permission of the publisher / author.

If you find any portion or exact copy of "Jade Fire | Origins of The Great Wall" on other platforms, report it and notify me immediately. This book is only available on Wattpad and I did NOT authorise its reproduction in any form. If CC code is violated, the matter will be put up with DMCA.