All She Ever Lost

Red swirled around the room as a girl wept in the middle of it all. Her legs pulled up against her chest and her face buried in her knees. Her body shook with sobs as her magic swirled around the room. She sat on her bed in a place unknown to many as she thought about her lost love and what she had been trying to do to that poor girl known as America Chavez. Images of their deaths entered her mind and she did not try to stop them for it would be a lost cause for she would only dream of them once more when she entered the realm of dreams. First her parents' death flashed through her eyes. They were having family night when a bomb crashed through the floor beneath them and her loving parents fell in. The girl and her brother hide beneath the table and another bomb crashes with two words painted on the side 'Stark Industries'. They waited for two days for Stark to kill them...two days. The red only swirled around her faster as she relieved her memories once more. The war with Ultron they were winning when she felt her only friend, the only one who kept her sane and happy, die. Again her magic swirled faster picking up the few objects up from around the room. Books, blankets, pillows and clothes along with a few framed photos. They picked up speed as the memories replayed in her head and the tears poured down her face in heavier quantities. Vision's death was painful for she had to watch it happen twice. The first time she had to rip the mind stone right out of the love of her life's head and destroy it, then she had to watch Thanos bring him back together and then pried the mind stone, all in front of her. Then to make things worse she was turned to dust and brought back only to find Vision's body gone and herself alone once more. Last came the boys. Her boys, Tommy and Billy. She was a mother, and was there anything more painful for a mother than her children's death? No there was not. Her family died, her love dead, her children dead, and her sanity dead long before. The red was now at its high swirling with power and all shades of red flashed before her eyes showing her most painful memories and fueling her power and her sadness. She was unaware of the chaos going on in her room as all breakable things all at once such as picture frames and vases and mugs, all exploded in shards of glass and ceramic. She remained unaware that pieces of these items almost hit her, barely missing and being deflected reflexively by the red swirls of magic surrounding her. She cried until all her tears were spent, but the cries and screams still echoed with each coming minute. Nobody was there to comfort her this time, no one at all. Those who might have helped her or comforted her at this time were all dead. Nat, Steve, Tony, she could go on and on. Even if they were still alive they probably wouldn't have cared. Except Nat, who was the closest to a friend, maybe even sister she had ever had, who came to her after Pietro's death when she heard her call out for him at night, longing for the ever present presence of her twin brother. The rest of the 'team' didn't seem to care whether or not she lived or died, not even Clint who was a father figure to her. Emphasis on was. He was too busy hanging out with his family now that they were undusted, to have time for her. She was nothing to all of them. It seemed she was alone in the world, once again. At this point the red surrounding her was a tornado. Destroying all in its path and leaving carnage in its wake. Just like her, she thought as she finally realized the destruction her powers were causing. And just like that, all the red disappeared going back into their master. She held her knees tighter to her chest and fell onto her side on the bed. Then she sobbed, for all the ones dead, for the future she lost and for the unfairness of it all. And the crying did not cease. She cried long and hard, letting out all her anguish and sorrow into her cry. The once powerful Scarlet Witch was reduced to a pathetic, crying Wanda Maximoff, in a matter of hours. But that did not mean she wouldn't build back up.