Chapter 3 : Those Curses

Chapter Three : Those Curses

A generational curse can be so simple but so hard to break. They come in so subtle and leave a mark that could break an entire blood line. Illness, Sickness, Addictions, & Poverty. I just listed 4 types of generational curses and would you believe my family had them all. We had numerous family members going through each thing I listed and knowing that made me see that I had a lot of work to do. My family needed a breakthrough. My family needed to see that it's okay to heal and allow change to happen. They had gotten so comfortable in their pain, it's like they started to believe they were happy being miserable. That somehow they deserved what they were going through but truth is no one deserves to be miserable. Everyone deserves a sense of peace, happiness and control.

I decided that it would be me that would show them a change. I would be the one to bring light to our family's darkness. I chose God as my savior, i surrendered all and gave my life to him. The process needed to start and the only person that i knew could heal me, change me and strengthen me is God. I needed to heal from everything that had a hold of me. I had to learn to love myself and i needed to get to know myself. I began to set goals for myself there was some big and some small that i worked hard to achieve. I knew that I had to be willing to be different and be uncomfortable in order to heal myself, to grow and find peace. It was time for me to emerge and become the woman God was calling me to be. The lady in black was emerging and nothing or no one could stop it. I had to put on my big girl panties and get ready for war. It wasn't time to play anymore i finally knew part of my mission and it was time to submit. I was allowing God to lead me in life, i wanted his will to be done in me so that i could prosper the way he needed me to. In doing all these things to better myself i began to glow, i was at peace and everything became lighter. I felt like if i could do all these things for myself to become better for my future then my family would eventually see the light in my life and want to make a change in their lives for themselves.

I had hope that they would see me evolving and want to evolve as well. At first i felt like all my work was going unnoticed and although it bothered me I didn't sweat it because at the end of the day i was not fixing myself for them to see. I had other goals as well. I wanted to be the woman God was calling me to be. I wanted to be made in God's image. I wanted to live a lifestyle that would please God. I wanted a healthy foundation for my own family, for my future. I have dreams of being a supportive and loving wife to my future husband and to be an amazing mother to our children one day. A healthy foundation is important and one with God is everything. I knew that in order to break my family's generational curses and start creating generational blessings i would have to work on me first. Hints why i always say it'll stop with me and it'll start with me lol a motto i picked up from Sarah Jakes Roberts which means them curses will stop with me and the blessings will start with me. I know God is with me always so whatever i needed to do or get through i knew he'd be by my side to lead me in the right direction. In Jeremiah 29:11 the text says " For i know the plans i have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. " That verse alone has kept me going, it has kept me dreaming and it makes me want to go harder to get to the promise land that God has set for me.