𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 9

"Look at you so miserable like this, even death didn't accept you"

_____________________

A soft lullaby was heard as everyone stirred from their slumber. Their eyes heavy from exhaustion, of the previous night. Some still laid on the ground trying to think straight. While others were sobbing quietly.

Nari arose from the ground as she looked around her surroundings. She looked beside her, hoping to see eun-ha there like she always used to be - but she wasn't. Letting out a sigh a tear slipped down Nari's eye. Her eyes were red and swollen from crying.

She hated everyone

They were the reason eun-ha wasn't here anymore.

"Are you ok" Nari looked up to see Da-bum kneel down before her, his eyes full of concern.
Nari looked down, not wanting to meet eyes with anyone. "No"

Da-bum sighed as he rubbed his hand on her back in attempts to comfort her. "It's ok Nari, everything will be just fine-"

"No Da-bum! Nothing is fine. I'm done with this bullshit! I want to die-"
Da-bum was quick to hug her, to stop her from saying anything else. "Shh it's ok"

Nari was crying helplessly, she hated this. Being vulnerable Infront of everyone. She wiped her tears as she stood up looking around, her eyes laid on kyung jun. He was just sitting in his previous position, head hung low - lost in thoughts.

The assembly hall, already heavy with the weight of the previous night's events, plunged into a deeper silence as Choi Mi-Na's voice cut through the air. Her call to Lee Joo-Young, desperate and filled with concern, instantly drew the attention of the others.

"What is it?" Kim So-Mi asked. "Joo-Young's being weird," Mi-Na responded, her voice trembling.

Nari slowly walked over to them, her steps slow. Kneeling down before her she placed her hand on the piece of cloth on Joo-young's face.
Her hands were trembling as everyone looked at her actions.
Slowly she removed the piece of cloth as a shiver ran down her spine.

Joo-young's face was white, drained from blood. Nari was quick to turn away from the scene her hand covering her mouth in attempts to stop herself from screaming.

Then The robotic voice followed, cold and detached.

"During the night, Lee Joo-Young was executed by the Mafia. Lee Joo-Young was a Citizen."

Mi-Na's reaction was immediate and raw. Tears streamed down her face as she continued to gently shake Joo-Young's shoulder, her actions driven by a refusal to accept the cruel reality. Her sobs filled the room, echoing the shared grief and shock of the students.

Another siren blared through the hall catching everyone's attention.

Nari's thought were broken as she heard the announcement, her heart racing as her eyes were filled with hope yet fear

"Before the last vote closed, one of the doctors used their healing abilities to heal baek eun-ha, thanks to the doctor's healing ability eun-ha has been brought back to life."

Nari's eyes were wide in shock.
What!? How could this be? If Nari wasn't the one to heal eun-ha then who was it? A shiver ran down Nari's spine. She was confused. What was going on.
However all of these thoughts were set aside when Nari saw eun-ha enter the hall. Her eyes wide in shock as well.