Prologue

Today is my least favortie day out of the whole year.

My birthday.

You must be thinking "Why is your birthday the worst day of the year?"

Let make this short and easy. Today was the day that our parents left us.

I can still remember it clearly.

It started off great, my birthday was just like any other day. Celebrateed with my friends and family. Until I heard a knocking on the door, it was big loud one that could be heard across the country.It happened a few minutes before we were going to cut the cake. My dad went to get the door a few seconds had gone by before my dad came back into the kitchen and whispered something in her ear.

My mom pulled me and my older brother Lloyd to the side. And said this,

"Me and Daddy have to go, but remember we will always love you." then took us back to the party, I was around three and Lloyd was 10.At that time so I didn't understand what she meant.After the party I was trying to find Llyod so I can show him the new hotwheels and legos I got.

I found him outside on the porch crying.

"They're gone.They are gone." he whispered over and over again,

"Woyd?" I said, he turned around whipping his tears away. "Why is Woyd crying?"

"Nothing Monyi." he replied sniffling. I walked over to him and hugged him,after about 10 minutes we went back inside.

That night I slept in Lloyds room. Wide awake. Questions ran through my mind like "Why was Lloyd crying?" and "When will Mommy and Daddy come back?"

I woke up. 

7 years later now 10 in the sixth grade.(I skipped fifth grade) and Lloyd is now 17 years old in Highschool.

*

*

*

*

1-25-24

Words-292