Chapter 2

Dear Lady Y/N of the Escrime Family,

I am sure that this letter will take you by surprise, but I did not know who else to contact. There is hardly anyone left that I trust, and I have heard tales of your family. I do not know what you will think of this letter, but I am here to ask that you come to my family manor, for the royal family of Briar Valley has been abducted. There are some things I wish to discuss with you that I cannot mention in this letter.

Please hurry.

Lady Fayette of House Archa

* * *

Y/N

I hope you have already heard of this by now, but the royal families of Twisted Wonderland have been disappearing. The first ones to disappear were the royals from the Queendom of Roses, and now the royal family of Briar Valley have also been abducted.

You are the only one who can do something about this. Please help, and if there is anything you need, contact me immediately. I will offer my help to you in any way I can.

Rook Hunt

* * *

Lady Y/N of the Escrime Family,

My name is Lord Aloren. I am a lord from an island not far off the coast of Briar Valley, and I implore you to help the kingdom. The king and queen have been abducted, as have their daughter. I will give you whatever you want, but please, find them and bring them back to the kingdom. Please.

Lord Aloren

* * *

Renon let out a sharp whinny as Y/N pulled on his reins, pulling him from a canter to a slow trot. Soon, she pulled him to a stop entirely as they arrived in front of the grand castle of Briar Valley, home to the current king of Briar Valley, Malleus Draconia. It had been four years since he had married the love of his life, and four years since Y/N had last visited her friends in the valley. The last four years had been filled with adventures that took her everywhere in the world but never close enough to the valley for an excuse to visit her friends.

The closest she had come was two years before when she and her grandfather had joined together with a band of pirates to try and track down the lost treasure of an ancient king. Legend had it that he had more gold to his name than anyone could even imagine, and after a year of searching for clues, they had finally found their treasure at the bottom of the ocean, beneath an island at the tip of the Kingdom of Heroes. Most of the wealth had been given to a travelling museum, but the Escrime family and the pirates had been permitted to keep a small percentage of what they had found. Y/N's payment had also come with a sapphire necklace that she wore nearly every day, hardly ever taking it off.

As Y/N gazed up at the castle, her youngest sister, Dominique, pulled up beside her, pulling her horse to a stop as well. This was Dominique's first time at the castle. This was Dominique's first time anywhere outside of the Kingdom of Heroes. So far, her adventures had been confined to their kingdom's borders, where her mother and father could travel without too much stress. Dominique had begged for Y/N to take her with her to Briar Valley, and after a very long conversation with her grandfather and her parents, Y/N's parents had relented, and Dominique had been invited to meet the royal family of Briar Valley along with her older sister.

"This is the castle," Dominique asked, pulling off the hood of her cloak and allowing her ruby tresses to trickle down her back.

"Indeed it is," Y/N said, a grin growing on her lips. Oh, how she had missed Briar Valley. She slid from Renon's seat and landed on the ground with a soft thud. Upon landing, she reached down to her hip and drew out her broadsword. Glancing over her shoulder, she watched as her sister and grandfather did the same. Yes, the family had been abducted already, but if Y/N had learned anything from her travels, it was that there would likely be a trap or two left behind to quell any potential rescue efforts.