Chapter8

Chapter8: Let's be heroes

The problem arised a week prior, when everyone was preparing for dinner, Midoriya brung up becoming a pro hero.

A dream the doctor is highly against.

“My child, I think I must remind you, you have a highly advanced system. Made from a metal that shouldn't exist, made by a man that should be dead.” Topologina explains.

“Yeah, you could basically do hero work off the books with us. You're about strong enough”. Layla adds in, walking down the stairs in nothing but a bath towel.

Izuku covers his eyes while he speaks, “but it's something I've always dreamed of, pulse, no offense but, the level 2 and above jobs are kinda illegal”.

“They teeter the edge a bit” Lerna clarifies, she reads a book, her twin sister and second head fast asleep.

Just as Midoriya is about to keep stating his case,  the door to the garage opens, and Inko walks in with Logan, both carrying groceries.

“Where making Alfredo” Logan says loud enough for everyone to hear.

Over the past year, inko would come by every other day in order to check on Izuku. During that time, she became familiar with the others, specifically the kids.

“Layla, did you pick up your clothes from the bathroom”? Inko asks the red head.

Layla’s back sloches, “no, but-”, her explanation is cut off by Inko.

“Do it or you don't eat, and put some clothes on.” the matriarch explains, not even looking at Layla. She's too busy prepping the kitchen.

As Layla saunters back up the stairs, Lerna Snickers, and Inko turns to her direction. “Lerna, you should speak up if her habits annoy you. Now  please wake your sister up and prepare the table for us.”

Only Lerna responds with a simple “Kay”, after which she flicks her sister on the nose to wake her up, Much to Argolid’s annoyance.

As the twins prepare the table, Mineta walks from the basement, humping a tune with his eyes closed and porn mag in hand. “Got me a new mag and gonna read it” he sings, Opening his eyes, sees Inko, and turns around. “But not at dinner cause that'd be wrong”. He sings again, hurrying back downstairs.

A hum of approval leaves inkos lips as she continues her kitchen prep. Logan and the doc can only marvel at how well she's managed the kids who have been giving them trouble for their whole time living here.

“Logan, I appreciate you helping me with groceries” Inko tells the man, placing a hand on his back. “But I'm cooking…get out of the kitchen”.

Logan raises his hands and walks off, not wanting to get in the woman's way.

As dinner went on, Logan brought up Midoriya's wish, and Inko panicked.

“Absolutely not!” Inko shouts from across the table.

“Mom please, with this system, I could do it” Midoriya pleads

“Izuku, most schools have strict rules against cybernetic enhancements. No hero school would take you in”. Inko explains this with pleading eyes and a forced smile.

U.A might, they're a bit looser when it comes to these things.

“U.A…” Topologina mutters under their breath.

“That doesn't cover the fact that we're trying to stay under wraps. The docs supposed to be dead, and I'm not exactly a ‘legal citizen’.” Logan adds in, Inko giving a nod of agreement.