Chapter two

The next morning I woke up with a light tapping on my window again. This time I knew who it was as I got out of bed and excitedly opened my curtains and window.

Tommy stood at the bottom his hands in his pockets as he smiled up at me. "I'll be done soon!" I said quickly getting ready running downstairs.

My mom lay past out on the sofa as I grabbed my bike from it's placed propped up against a tree and started riding next to Tommy.

"We're going to Ipswich Lanes by the way" I nod happily. "Be honest, it's because Davey wants to see Nikki isn't it?" Tommy laughs before saying quickly "he's not as lucky as me, I get to see my girl whenever I want" because riding ahead to the others who were now in sight. I peddled confused. Which girl?

We met with the others and all rode our bikes to the lanes happily shouting and joking with one another. Me and Davey cycled next to each other as the others talked happily behind us.

"Ears won't stop talking about you" I blush as Davey grins looking between me and the boy behind us. "He talks about everyone and everything" I say as Davey shrugged.

"Whatever you say" we continued cycling till we got to the lanes and dropped our bikes quickly going to play on the arcade games. I stood next to woody as we played the arcade games as Eats looked around the place.

"Holly shot those are the east grove girls from last week!" He said pressing himself against Woody as the other boy pushes him off annoyed. "Ew get off me!"
"I can't I have needs" Eats says and I swear his eyes flicker towards me.

The others talk amongst themselves as I can't help staring at Tommy blushing a bit as Farraday spoke up again saying "she's like scientifically the perfect woman"

Everyone was now turned towards Nikki, Davey's old babysitter. "If she was my babysitter I would have been banging her the day my balls dropped" Tommy said slinging an arm around me and his other on Davey.

"Hey was it hard not getting a boner when she was giving you a bath" Tommy said smirking looking at Davey go slightly red.

"Jesus guys it was, like, four years ago not ten. We just played games and shit" Davey said defending himself as Tommy laughed saying in a low sky voice

"What kind of games. Naughty games?" Davey rolled his eyes saying "yeah like you want to play naughty games with Val" before walking off.
"It was definitely naughty games" Tommy said but he looked slightly embarrassed.

I stared around at Nikki and the others, she was pretty perfect with blonde waves and rosy cheeks. That was the kind of girl Tommy was into, not me.

They all played arcade games for a couple hours before deciding to head home with it being quit late and everyone tired.

"Want me to ride you home?" Tommy asked the shorter girl smiling. "Thanks but I think I'm going to hang around the place for a bit, not in the mood to go home just yet" I said back sitting on my bike seat, my feet stopping it from moving.

"If you want you could come back to my treehouse?" I nod eagerly as we ride back to his. We say goodbye to the others and soon after we're sitting in his treehouse, me reading the book I had left here and him sitting with his Walkman.

I sit up listening and hearing shouting coming faintly from his house. He looks at the ground slightly embarrassed as I pretend not to hear even though the voices could carry to my house let alone his treehouse.

Eventually he took his headphone's out saying slightly louder than intended "let me take you home now!" I nod as we leave the treehouse.

He followed me up the pipe to my room as we sit on my floor for a bit. "I'm so sick of them shouting" he said looking down but not before I noticed how watery his eyes were.

"I get it, before my dad moved out him and my mum would argue for days on end it was like I wasn't here" he nods not taking his eyes of an old stain in my carpet from a pen I had left there with the cap off.

"You can always stay here if you want to get out your house? I know you stay at Farraday a too but if you want a house closer to home-"

"That's not my home. It use to be maybe, but with my dipshit brother and parents that shout like I'm not there it's just a house not a home" my heart hurts for him as he says this with such certainty in his voice.

"You can always stay here." I say finally. He looks up for the first time smiling and pulling his leather jacket closer around his shoulders. "I should get back- Davey's warning of the kidnapper finally settling in I guess but I'll see you soon"

He said climbing out my window and giving me a final smile before sliding down. I lay on my bed looking at the old stick on stars I never got round to removing from my ceiling as I thought about the previous day.

I wasn't use to seeing Tommy unsure or vulnerable, he's always been a pretty steady sure thing in my life. No matter what my parents would say I could count on him to sooth me with a few stupid jokes and that smile of his.

I grabbed my diary and begin writing.
I don't think I'll ever like someone the way I like Tommy Eaton. No matter how much he messed around he still manages to take my breath away.

I cringe at my recent entry with no technique or skill but it felt good writing how I felt. That night I fell asleep with my dreams full of his face, like many other nights.