Verse 2: Dawn of Dreams

Now, on the hospital roof, Umeko fidgeted nervously as Anya leaned on the railing, looking at the horizon. "So why were you following me?" she asked, making Umeko raise her head and sigh. "I wasn't following you..." she lingered as Anya turned toward her, still sceptical.

"It's true! I was getting my injuries checked!" said Umeko before raising her sleeve. "See?" she said, making Anya look at her bandages. "That's not the first time I saw you with bandages," Anya realised, making Umeko nod. "I'm just clumsy, and I hurt myself often," she lied with a bright smile.

Unfortunately, Anya's look showed she wasn't buying it. "Is this the lie you tell everyone who asks?" she asked, causing Umeko's face to tense before her smile saddened.

"I'm fine..." she mumbled, making Anya hum. Then, she walked toward Umeko, who had her head lowered before she saw a pocky stick in front of her face. "Here, it helps me when I feel down," she said, making Umeko raise her head and see Anya munching on another one.

"Thank you," smiled Umeko, grabbing the pocky as the two enjoyed the sweet before she broke the silence. "I didn't know you played the guitar," she said, causing Anya to stop munching and side-glance at her.

"But I guess I never had the chance to talk to you," she concluded as she looked forward. "My dad taught me how to play," said Anya, making Umeko look at her. "Where I lived, he was a popular guitarist," she revealed as Umeko saw a slight smile on Anya's face.

"I figured you weren't from here," said Umeko, earning a confused look from Anya. "You have a small accent," she continued, making Anya nod. "I'm originally from Italy. But my parents dreamed of moving to Japan," declared Anya before looking at the sky.

"I've been here for four years but learned japanese at the same time I learned italian," she revealed, causing Umeko's eyes to widen. "That's why you're so fluent! That's so cool!" she smiled brightly, making Anya nod.

"But how did you notice my accent?" wondered Anya, making Umeko tilt her head. "No one usually realises it," she revealed, making Umeko hum. "Well, I'm used to hearing different vocalists, so I distinguished easily," she said, making Anya furrow her brows in confusion.

Seeing her expression, Umeko smiled. "I take singing lessons, so I develop my musical hearing," she informed, making Anya nod. "That explains why you sing so well," said Anya, surprising Umeko.

"What do you mean?" she asked, making Anya huff. "You always hum or softly sing during class," she revealed, earning an embarrassed look from Umeko, who scratched the back of her head.

"I do? I never realised sorry," she apologised, but Anya shook her head. "I didn't say I hated it," reassured Anya, making the dual-haired girl pause. "It helps me focus," she revealed as Umeko became silent before she smiled.

"Well, I'm glad that it helps you," she said before walking toward the railing Anya was leaning on previously. "Making music that helps people is part of my dream," she revealed, making Anya tilt her head in confusion.

"Your dream?" she wondered, seeing Umeko turn toward her with a bright, closed-eyed smile. "I will become an idol that makes people smile!" she declared. As if fate was on Umeko's side, the sun shone brightly behind her, giving her a radiant aura.