𝟎𝟎𝟑.

"Combat. I'm ready for combat."

Lily paced back and forth, sighing as she tried to make her hair look perfect.

Blake was reading their book, The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han, while they could tell something was up with their sister. "Lils?" They pursed their lips. "What's wrong?"

Lily looked around to make sure Olive wasn't present in the room. "Olive said he wants to 'hang out,'" she mumbled. "I don't know if he means a date?"

"A date?" The words came out like venom out of Blake's mouth. "So.. Do you like him?"

Lily froze. "So you're saying I like my best friend?" She spat.

"No! I'm asking you," Blake said.

"Well, I don't," Lily said simply, sitting down beside her sibling. "Do I come off that way?"

"No!" They sighed. "Just listen. It's probably not a date. He's just asking you to hang out! Put on a decent outfit, and act as you usually do."

Lily just looked at Blake before nodding as she stood up. "I'll be back later."

~~

Lily sat at the cafe table with a smile, looking at Olive. But he was looking at the menu, his brown waves falling over his eyes.

"So, would you like to order a milkshake with two straws, m'lady?" Olive said formally.

Lily released a little giggle. She loved how funny Olive could be. "Indubitably, good sir," she said in a sort of high voice.

So when the waitress came over, Olive tucked in his chair and flattened his hair. "May I get a chocolate milkshake with two straws for boring old me and this pretty thing?"

The waitress looked slightly conflicted, but she just nodded her head and smiled, writing down on her notepad before walking into the kitchen.

"'Pretty thing?'" Lily repeated, but she couldn't hide the coating of red on her face. "That couldn't have been more embarrassing."

"You know you love it," He teased, punching her in the arm playfully.

The girl just rolled her eyes. "Do I?" She hummed. But on the inside, she knew she did.

Olive smirked, looking her up and down very quickly, before grinning. "Yes, you do. Look at you. You're blushing!" He laughed, pinching her cheeks.

"Oh, shut up!" Lily laughed, backing up and swatting his hands away from her face.

Lily seemed annoyed, but really, she loved this behavior from her best friend.

And so, the waitress brought over the milkshake.

Lily took a sip from the milkshake, the girl's face turned puce as Olive took a sip as well, his eyes meeting hers.

But Lily couldn't keep wondering. Are she and Olive out of the woods yet?

𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗲!

hey guys, sorry this was kinda short 😅 but it's the first couples chapter out of many!

what couples chapter would you guys want next? leave your suggestions here!