Chapter one (?)

When squid first arrived at camp greenlake hes always had a crush on his good friend zigzag. At first, squid didnt know how to feel about him, he's always felt different towards zigzag in a good way. Squid felt like he could be himself around zigzag, unlike the other guys where he had to put up a tough personality just for a little amount of respect but with zigzag he felt like he didnt have to act tough all the time, he felt like he could laugh and have fun around him but he assumed that was just that..

Once Squid realized he had a crush on zigzag he was immediately in denial, he was taught by his father and mother at a very young age that "gay people are sinners". When his father would come home after being gone for weeks, or even months at times, he would always tell squid that if he turned out gay he would kill him. Squid sorta feared being gay in some way, mostly scared of what his mother would think of him, he could care less about his father considering he was never home. Squid also feared what the other guys at camp greenlake would think of him, or in other words what zigzag would think of him. Squid was in denial for a while about his crush on zigzag, telling himself that he just really admired him.

Squid and zigzag have been friends ever since squid got to camp greenlake, they were probably the closest ones out of the D-tent. Everyone knew that and teased them about it, even jokingly saying that they were dating, squid got defensive over the jokes while zigzag would laugh along with the rest of the boys. Squid feared being rejected by zigzag because that would also ruin the friendship they both had, he didnt have much friends outside of camp greenlake so zigzag was the guy he trusted the most. He knew most of everything about squid, and he knew almost everything about him. He feared having zigzag dislike him or even bully him for admitting his feelings towards him. So he never did anything about it, denying his feelings towards him and getting defensive if anyone even joked about them being a couple.

On the other hand, zigzag always had feelings for squid, feelings that he definitely was sure of. Zigzag was unsure of when to tell his best friend about his crush on him because he was afraid of rejection. He noticed all the times squid would get defensive over people making jokes about them dating so zigzag assumed he was homophobic, causing him more distress about his crush. Zigzag has had a crush on squid ever since he met him on his first day at camp greenlake.

He honestly didnt know why he was attracted to squid, hes never been attracted to guys so he assumed he wasnt gay, but the day he met squid he instantly had that feeling inside of him, the kind he gets when he is around attractive girls or girls he had a crush on. He never understood why he felt like this, especially towards his best friend. Hes had a girlfriend in the past so he always thought he was straight but now he's questioning alot about himself. He always figured that he was probably bisexual but was never sure.