Honor and mistakes

- this is just how I like to pretend the show ended. I don't own the characters or the show -

Rory just wanted another nice day of rest, but no, she couldn't wallow in her sadness with her mother. Lorelai had shaken her awake from her slumber and dragged her to the inn. Claiming that Christiane Amanpour was in the inn.

"mom I don't believe Christiane amanpour is hanging out at your inn"

"She is! I'm telling you"

The girls bicker back and forth until they enter the inn,

"you doubt my ability to recognize a glamorous, international war correspondent?" Lorelei asked pointing over to the couch. Rory's eyes widened.

"that's her. It's her."

"That's what I told you."

"well how long as she been here?" They looked at each other as Michele walked by looking down at a clip board.

"Michel how long has she been here?" lorelai grabbed at the sleeve of his suit.

"oh she's been here since about seven last night, room four"

"she's been staying here and you didn't tell me?" Rory gasped as lorelai talked.

"you embarrass us infront of celebrities Lorelai." His thick french accent and how he carried himself always made it sound like he was better then everyone else, lorelai rolled her eyes and dragged Rory with her over the fascinating women seated. Michel sighed and walked off.

"miss amanpour?"

Miss amanpour stood up,

"Yes?" She asked.

"well I'm lorelai Gilmore I own the inn, we thank you very much for staying here, I would like to you to meet my daughter Rory. We're big fans, she's always loved you. a big inspiration you were to her, she just graduated from Yale."

"you did?"

"yes ma'am." Rory said nodding, her face a little pink as she shook her hand.

"I was on the paper there. I plan to peruse a career as a journalist." Rory added, Miss amanpour smiled.

"oh my dear that sounds lovely, what would you like to Persue? A TV reporter? Be on a newspaper?"

The three women talked for a little longer untill Miss amanpour had a cab wait for her outside. she actually gave Rory her card to send some work too, so they could keep in touch. even Michel smiled a little when Rory practically danced into the kitchen to tell him and Sookie. her heart sank when she thought how Collin, fin, and Logan would practically celebrate. she shook it off and got in her moms jeep with her to go to Luke's. They pushed the door open as the familiar bell rang.
Luke was serving coffee to a costumer. He walked over to them as they slid into some chairs. They excitedly told Luke about what happened.

"oh wow. Rory that's great"

"thanks Luke." Rory said smiling.

he left as lorelai went on and on about her plan to take Rory to a lot of amazing roller coasters and amusement parks before she left her to go into the real world. Rory smiled and nodded, agreeing and disagreeing. but she really felt off, she didn't know if it was the thought of riding all these roller coasters or just being off all alone. She yanked herself out of it as her mom was messing with her about screaming on a roller coaster once and as Luke's sister, Liz, came in with her baby . She leaned across the counter to kiss Luke's cheek and they heard bits and pieces of her begging him to baby sit. They watched in amusement