dont waste your blessings on me

Akari's recently caught Ponyta fires a focused flame under a rusty kettle, water boiling as she runs around preparing a cup and places a handful of cookies she had recently bought to share with her team.

(𝘙𝘦𝘪 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮, 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢 𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯, 𝘢𝘭𝘮𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘨𝘳𝘪𝘮𝘢𝘤𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘦𝘳𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘤𝘦. 𝘈 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘵𝘰𝘰 𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦, 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘺 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘢𝘭𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘺 𝘭𝘦𝘧𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥.

𝘈𝘬𝘢𝘳𝘪 𝘴𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘴 "𝘎𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘐 𝘨𝘰𝘵 𝘴𝘤𝘢𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘥, 𝘩𝘶𝘩?" 𝘙𝘦𝘪 𝘩𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘵𝘩 𝘣𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘥𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘢 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘱𝘢𝘵𝘴 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘴 𝘈𝘬𝘢𝘳𝘪 𝘭𝘢𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘴 𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘵𝘶𝘯𝘦, 𝘢𝘴 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘴 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘴𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦.)

When everythings in place, Akari gets up and walks to her Ponyta to carefully remove the led, watching the bubbles come and go as a hand hovers over it as steam warms her palm, grasping the handle with the other hand as she pours the warm water into a cup she found inside of a Space Time Distortion.

The cup itself is cute, a pastel design with a cluster of hearts with a chipped top, Akari wonders who used it. If the owner misses it, as tea leaves are dropped into a well-loved cup, Akari asks herself what the cup was used for.

(𝘞𝘢𝘴 𝘪𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘦𝘢, 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘶𝘴𝘦? 𝘊𝘰𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘺𝘣𝘦, 𝘰𝘳 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘪𝘵 𝘩𝘰𝘵 𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘤𝘰𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦? 𝘞𝘢𝘴 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘰𝘳 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘪𝘵 𝘴𝘪𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘺 𝘢𝘯 𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘪𝘴𝘵'𝘴 𝘧𝘢𝘷𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘤𝘶𝘱 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘱𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳? 𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘥𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘯𝘰𝘸? 𝘐𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘢 𝘨𝘢𝘱 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘤𝘶𝘱𝘣𝘰𝘢𝘳𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘭𝘺 𝘣𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘥? 𝘖𝘳 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘭𝘤𝘺 𝘰𝘧 𝘢 𝘴𝘪𝘨𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘤𝘶𝘱 𝘵𝘰𝘰 𝘯𝘪𝘤𝘩𝘦, 𝘢 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘈𝘬𝘢𝘳𝘪 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘴𝘱𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘢𝘴 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘨𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘢 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥?)

By the time she finished preparing her tea, now a light brown with milk, and a few spoons of Combee honey, her Pokemon have eaten most of the cookies. That, and there is a very real fight happening over the last one.

"Woah- hey!"

Grabbing the plate away from Neptune, her Oshowatt named after her middle-school mythology phase, she raises it above her head.

Oddly enough, he doesnt struggle, rather he is getting the others away from her, stance defensive as she watches.

"Is..." Akari starts, before blinking back tears, taking the opportunity to make sure everyone has gotten one, at which she finds out her Starly and Ponyta havent.

(𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘢 𝘤𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘣𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘥𝘶𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘺 𝘴𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘭, 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘸𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘥 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘯𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘴. 𝘈𝘬𝘢𝘳𝘪'𝘴 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘮 𝘵𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘤𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘣𝘢𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘰𝘯𝘶𝘵𝘴 𝘢𝘴 𝘢 𝘳𝘦𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘥. 𝘐𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘦𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩, 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮 𝘧𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘥𝘶𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘦𝘹𝘤𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵, 𝘈𝘬𝘢𝘳𝘪 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘷𝘰𝘭𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘵𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘶𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘤𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘯 𝘪𝘵 𝘶𝘱.

𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘭𝘦𝘧𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘯𝘦𝘥.

𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘨𝘯𝘪𝘧𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘮𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴, 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘢 𝘴𝘪𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘢𝘤𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘭𝘶𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴.)

She breaks the cookie in thirds, giving one to her Starly, the other to Ponyta and leaving the last for herself. Dipping it into her tea, savoring the taste as she feels at peace, enjoying what she can before the illusion eventually breaks, and she goes back to watching this world from the outside.

For now though, she deludes herself to believing she has a place here, as she experiences a sickingly domestic morning.