•Bet•

XI

XI. Bet.

The two still glared at each other, right in each others faces. A larger crowd had gathered to watch the two of them. Luckily enough, everyone seemed to keep their distance and couldn't hear most parts of the conversation. I just wish Alice and Jasper would arrive already so that Jasper could calm the situation.

Edward silently stared at Jacob before turning his head away, closing his eyes for a brief second. "The principle is on his way to discourage loitering on school property." He muttered softly as he glanced over at me. "Let's get to English Ana." he insisted as he pulled away from Jacob and placed a hand on my back. "So that you're not involved."

Jacob scoffed in amusement as I looked over at him. "Overprotective, isn't he?" he asked in bitter amusement as he quirked an eyebrow at me, nodding his head towards Edward. "A little trouble makes life fun. Let me guess, you're not allowed to have fun anymore?" he spoke as he looked back over at me.

I took a deep breath and sighed heavily as I stared at Jacob. "Yeah, last time fun got me six stitches and I almost drowned." I muttered softly as I pursed my lips and clenched my jaw tightly.

"But you were still happy, Ana!" Jacob snapped and Edward wrapped an protective arm around my waist as he inhaled sharply, glaring at Jacob. "If you want a life again, you could come see me." he told me with a nod of his head, a cocky smile on his lips. "I sill have your motorcycle in my garage." he informed me.

My eyes widened in disbelief as I stared at him, my lips parting. "Are you insane?" I questioned him harshly as I stepped forward and Edward move with me, weary of me being so close to the werewolf. "You were supposed to sell that!" I gritted out. My mom was going to lose her shit if she knew that bike was still around.

"Yeah right, like I'd do that." He replied as his eyebrows furrowed and he shook his head at me. "It's yours, not mine." he insisted as he crossed his arms over his chest.

I huffed softly as I shook my head at him. "I don't want it..." I muttered as I glared at him with squinted eyes.

Jacob scoffed with a small smile on his lips as he nodded his head. He shot a pointed glare in Edward's direction. "I see you got her back on her leash." he commented sarcastically as he nodded his head in my direction.

"Maybe someone should put you on one." Edward snapped as his lips pulled back into a snarl and his nostrils flared as his breathing sped up. His head snapped to the side and I followed his gaze, noticing the principle making his way through the crowds of students.

As the long and slender, graying man made his was through the parking lot, he shooed the students into the building and everyone began to scatter. Tyler still stood around, watching Edward and Jacob with curiosity. "Move along, Mr. Crowley." Mr. Greene demanded.

I sighed deeply as I looked back at Jacob, my eyebrows furrowing. "Get to school, Jacob." I demanded as I crossed my arms over my chest once again. He stared back at me with a challenging look in his eyes as he remained standing and I rolled my eyes as I shook my head.