Story 0.6

I sit on my couch, finally having a moment of rest and relaxation. The feeling disappears as fast as it comes. The feeling like I forgot something overwhelms my mind. I'm trying to remember what it is, but to no avail. i hear the doorbell ring quickly getting up to go answer it. I see a familiar face, my grumpy best friend who isn't really my best friend, but isn't my boyfriend standing at the door with a very obvious frown on his face. I open the door “hi Mr.Grumpy” I say as he already asks his question. “Why didn't you call me back?” he asks  me clearly mad. “I was supposed to call you back” I say, oblivious to what he's tal;kign about. I take a second, trying to remember as it all starts coming back to me. “shit i mumble, to be fair i've barely been on my phone the last week so it really isn't my fault” i say quickl;y and incoherently trying to justify why i haven't called or texted him in the last week.  By the time I finish talking, he's moved from my door and on the couch. I close the door as I sit next to him, but he quickly pulls me onto his lap. “Am I gonna have to remind you to text me back every day? ” he says, the annoyance still evident in his voice. “Is my grumpy baby mad” i say sarcastically as he pulls me in his lap, caressing my jawline as he places soft kisses along it, eventually making it to my lips. “I… missed… you” he says in-between kisses. I stare at him, dumbfounded, seeing a new side of him as he isn't usually this affectionate. “I missed you too,” I say.