Chapter 15 : Tears

Muzan POV

I'd watched Kyoka cry before, but I had never cried.

Ever.

It was a mere human emotion that weakened the heart's barrier. Hearing Kyoka's words though, it was like that barrier didn't exist.

"Demons and humans... It's not meant to be..." I felt Kyoka's tears fall onto my chest. "Shut up! You don't know what you're saying!" Kyoka yelled at me. "Just stop!" She cried and fell off the bed and on top of me.

We lay there awhile; Kyoka crying into my chest.

"I don't give a damn about anybody who thinks demons and humans can't happen!" She sobbed. "We'll be the first!" She sat up; still on top of me. "Why can't you just accept that!?" She yelled. "I love you. Please let me stay with you." She set her forehead against mine.

Her lips met mine and I felt her run her hand along my chest.

Kazuki POV

Time to find out what my sister is hiding.

I could smell my sister's sweet scent from a mile away. It was so distinct that it was impossible to miss. I heard screaming and crying from a nearby room that Nakime had shot me too. She had refused to give the true location but the closer I got; the stronger Kyoka's scent got.

What the hell is going on? I'm positive that's her but why is she crying? Shit, it's Muzan's scent. What the hell has he done to her!?

The screaming and crying stopped abruptly, which worried me even more.

I inched closer to the door and noticed a slight crack in the door. I peered through the door and saw something I would never be able to unsee.

Damnit I've let Kyoka get too close to Muzan.

I turned my head, so I was facing the maze; trying to clear my head of everything I'd just witnessed. Of course, nothing bad had happened it's just if Kyoka fell too much in love with Muzan then the Hayashi family bloodline would be stained with shame for the rest of eternity.

Kyoka POV

Kazuki's scent! Oh, crap! I'm in so much trouble.

"You smell him too, don't you?" Muzan asked as I stood up. I nodded my head and turned towards the door.

"Kazuki, I know what you're thinking. Please consider my opinion on this. I know this isn't what you want but it's what I want." I said out loud; hoping Kazuki would understand.

"Kyoka, it's not a matter of an opinion, but of the bloodline. Do you really think Father or Mother would want this? Do you really think that they'd let you shame the family name like this? If you ever had children with that monster, then they'd be shamed and shunned from the rest of the world. Nobody would give a damn about them. They'd never have a normal life. Think Kyoka. Think." Kazuki replied, defensively.

Think.

"Use your brain and not your heart," Kazuki said, stabbing the wall with his sword.

"Please listen to him," Muzan whispered in my ear.

"For once that goddamn bastard is right!" Kazuki slammed the door open and pried his sword from the wall.

"So! Your choice?" Kazuki gave me a crazed smile. "Will you leave with me and Mio? Or will you stay, and ruin your life?" Kazuki glared at Muzan. I grasped Muzan's hand and looked at him; hoping he'd back me up.

"Go with them, please." Muzan pleaded.

I don't want to leave Muzan, but Kazuki does have a point...

No! I need to stay with Muzan! I love him and that's what matters most!

But if I stay then I'll never see Kazuki or Mio again...

I couldn't bear the thought of that.

But Muzan wants me to leave, he wants me to have a better life than he thinks he could ever give me. But in truth, I'm already happy with my life with him... I love him. I want to be with him.

I felt Muzan squeeze my hand.

"Please," Muzan whispered again.

I looked at Kazuki and gave him a hard cold stare.

"I'll go," I said, biting my lip to fight back the tears.