New Places

Soon I arrived at the town of Valentine, since the train robbery near Rhodes I would think the law would be crawling all over there like ants let alone the Pinkertons, as they’ve been on the rise lately. Anyways, I rode into the town, the smells and sight of sheep flooded my senses as I rode to the center of town. My pace on my horse was at a steady trot and I looked around at all of the buildings, looking at a saloon and a hotel. I saw a stable, it looked very clean and kept so I got off of my horse and started leading him into the establishment.
   “Why hello, sir, what can I do for you today?” a bright older man said to me.
   I asked,“Hello, I’d like to stable my horse here till I can pick him up?”
   “For sure, mister! C’mere, this way,” he agreed. I led my horse into the stall after getting his tack off and put away and patted him before I left, “It’s okay, Bucephalus, I’ll be back soon.”
I walked out towards the hotel across the way. Walking up the steps and walking through the door, I was met with a clerk's face and I greeted him softly.
   “Hello, do you have a room that I can use for a few days?”
    “Why, yes I do, how many days do ya think?”    
    I thought about it for a second, “About two weeks?”
    “That’ll be $14.00 for the whole two weeks.”     
   “Okay, here it is,” I paid then headed up to get some rest despite it being mid day, I was out like a light. I dreamt of a Whitetail Buck, which was unusual, as most of my dreams are mostly blank and I never remember them, but this one was simple, calming. I heard simple and beautiful melodic sounds of the different instruments dingling and wisping in my head like a sweet, sweet cacophony. The notes and strings as the deer walked and pranced through the open trees and its hooves crunch on herbs and foliage alike was like a soft memory. The dream ended sooner than it came, though it lasted a few minutes before it faded to black.

-----------------

Quite a bit shorter but I had all of this pre-written and it was already done, I think I'll post one more then see what you guys think!