Prologue

He finally did it. Finally... after all these months, all the stress, all the danger, and all the pain. It is over. It has come to an end.

It was heavily pouring, the rain tapping the concrete in an unsteady rythm, clattering like steel rods onto his body on the cold ground. He was left with no bits of energy. He was unable to pull himself up.
A huge puddle was forming itself underneath his body, but it didn't come from the rain. It was blood. His blood.

He tightened his grip on the shattered jewel pieces between his fingers that have remained. Pandora was broken, luckily.

They were too late to capture it. He broke it before they were able to... but the gem wasn't the only thing left shattered and broken. It wasn't the only thing to be left, lifeless.

No one can live forever. And Kid showed it to them, in both ways.

Kaito's eyes gazed around the surrounding area. A cold and dark alley with no one nearby. He already gave up on it. Nobody is gonna come to save him. It's too late.

As he was taking his final breaths, he muttered his last words addressing the people he cared about the most.

"Jii... mother... Aoko... I am so sorry... I couldn't stick around longer for you..."

Those words were barely a whisper anymore, and then he was gone.