The Gathering

"Princess Xavia?" "Princess Xavia?!" "PRINCESS XAVIA!" Xavia woke from her bed with such speed the maid next to her jumped.

"WHAT JOH-" Xavia stopped when she looked face to face with her maid. Not the person she was expecting. Instead of looking at teasing blue eyes, Xavia looked at a petite young girl with dirty blonde hair. She had a little upturned nose, pale skin and scared brown eyes. The maid looked terrified, expecting the end as the princess might curse her or fire her (quite literally). Instead, the princess replied, "Sorry, I mistook you for someone else." The maid nodded quickly, half relieved and half cautious.

"K-King Anwir said to inform you about the yearly gathering today, hoping you would wear something formal and start becoming a ... proper princess," The maid said very slowly, hoping the princess wouldn't yell or be mad.

Xavia closed her eyes and sighed at the information, "Tell my father I'll be there," Very annoyed with this constant reminder, Xavia immediately replied, "AND TELL HIM TO STOP BUGGING ME ABOUT IT!"

The maid winced and looked hesitant but instantly left the room to inform King Anwir. Xavia flopped back on her bed. What was the number of times her father reminded her of the gathering? Oh, I almost forgot, 54 times... while I was sleeping. This constant bugging annoyed Xavia to the core. She wasn't going to miss the gathering like last time. She just had some distractions.

1 year ago

Xavia was running through the halls, trying to reach the gathering place. Today was her first gathering she couldn't be late. Xavia took a glance at the clock as she ran. Though judging by the time she was going to be. While running through the extravagantly long hall, she accidentally bumped into the head chef, spilling multiple plates filled with food.

"Grah!" Xavia exclaimed as she fell into the pile of food. Meat and sauces smeared every bit of her

Xavia got up and dashed to the gathering again only to realize she was going to wrong way and raced the other way to just fall over the food again. Few extremely quiet laughs followed her fall. She would have silenced them but there was a searing pain in her ankle. The chef helped lift her up, noticing her swollen ankle. "Are you alright, Princess? I don't believe you can go to the gathering in that-" Xavia's eyes widened " NO! I can go there, no problem." The chef looked like he was going to argue but then suddenly remembered he was speaking to the princess. "Very well." He bowed respectfully and quickly hurried off toward the kitchen.

Xavia continued to speed more than she could sustain. Suddenly, her eyesight started getting black spots. She couldn't see straight. When she finally reached the Gathering Room, everyone turned and looked up at her weirdly.

It wasn't until then did Xavia realize that she looked utterly filthy with water and food stains on her dress. Including her ankle at a lovely position that won't totally creep everyone out.

Some of the royals looked a bit worried, for there was tons of blood near her ankle, while King Dailob was as red as a tomato, making small circles at the center of his forehead angrily.

"PRINCESS XAVIA, GO TO YOUR ROOM!" King Dailob commanded.

"Uh oh..."

6 months ago

Again, Princess Xavia was late, but today she would not bump into people. Of course, that was hard. The Gathering is a whole day, meaning people will deliver meals to the Gathering Room 24/7. Though this also means that multiple maids, chefs, and butlers scurry around with so much on their minds. An impossible challenge, but Xavia was up for it.

Xavia waltzed past most of their fellow vampires, but it wasn't until she accidentally bumped into someone and fell to the marble floor awkwardly. Xavia touched her forehead only to feel the gooey blue liquid of vampires.

"I'm surprised you didn't drink that." Xavia looked up at the voice and saw a handsome boy around 20 holding his hand out to help her.

Xavia took it, thankful for the help. Hoisting herself, she stood up, wishing she wasn't late again. When she looked up, she noticed red pointy horns on top of the man's head. It only took her a second to realize she was looking at a demon.

"GAH! Who in the world are you?"

The boy looked around and replied softly, "I'm uh Raymon, and you? He looked at Xavia curiously.

Xavia looked extremely worried. This person seemed nice, and she badly wanted a friend, not an annoying brother or someone who respected her and told false opinions out of respect, a friend. Though if he found out that she was the Princess of Vampires, he'd probably awkwardly excuse himself and run far, far away.

"My name is Zura. I'm a close maid to the princess." Xavia remembered a blond haired maid that came to her room sometimes for duty. Pretty sure her name was Zura or something. Though maybe she should not have said the close to the princess part.

"Why are you dressed so royally then." He asked bluntly.

"I'd like to ask the same."

"Same as you." Realizing what he had just said, he quickly corrected, "I mean a servant to the prince. I'm his only servant and end up talking with him most of the time. I get a ton of gifts and I suppose a gathering is the best way to show off good clothing." He was still suspicious of me .

Xavia looked relieved and laughed at the guy's little mistake. It was a long time since she laughed, and it was the first time she felt that good. Not to mention, the guy was extremely handsome. He had soft dark curls, slightly tanned skin and almost black looking eyes. He looked like an angel with well kept hair and clothes. Though that was ironic saying that he was a demon.

They kept talking until The Gathering wasn't even on their minds anymore. It wasn't until the clock struck the end of The Gathering did they both realize how late they were.

"DING!" Xavia had wide eyes. She had missed the Gathering. Again.

"How did we miss The Gathering?!" Xavia's eyes showed panic. Raymon seemed slightly amused.

"I thought maids shouldn't enter The Gathering Room." He scrunched his eyebrows suspiciously.

"Well...I just have to go." Xavia dashed towards the Gathering, needing to run away and bury herself in a hole. If Xavia hadn't messed up before then she probably most indefinitely did now. No way was she making friends ever again.

Today

Xavia wondered if Raymon was going to be present at The Gathering. Was he going to be happy to see me? Maybe curious, surprised at least? Xavia shook her head. Why was she thinking about what some demon thought about her? She made a total mess of herself there.

"LITTLE SIS!" Johann barged into the room with his cello in his hand. Johann loved cello and swordsmanship, but cello more. When Johann entered a room, it was as if all the light cowards were in his presence. No light reflected off his skin and made him look intimidating with his stone-hard face. Instead, he loves to annoy Xavia about how everyone thinks he is the perfect heir to i And with that, Johann left the room. Xavia looked down and spotted his cello still next to her vanity. "Johann! You left your cell-" She paused. There was a small, white note carefully folded into the strings of his instrument.

Xavia used her fingers to extract the note from in between the strings delicately. Unfolding the tiny piece of paper, she read the writing.

A reign of darkness will rule the world."