Scene 15 | Humanity Cannot Be Without Sins

In a faraway distance a figure stood in the middle of the ocean's tranquil waters. Her white gown remained unmoving and mismatched droplets stared intensely at the dark depths of creatures squirming around with dark aura in their bodies.

She moved her pale hand and the power of hydro move smoothly from the tips of her fingers and towards the swimming organisms. Their bodies glowed and the dark auras disappeared. When they were all cleansed, she sighed as her shoulders slumped slightly.

Then a water droplet fell on top of her white hair. Her droplet irises blinked before she looked up to see the darkening clouds.

Another fell, and another, gentle soft rain fell and created thousands of ripples to the waters surrounding her. Despite how dark it was above, the rain remained careful, as if holding itself back from drowning the people in the far away distance.

She smiled sadly. "Are you crying because of another trial? Or is it because of 'her' again?"

But the rain remained the same, as it slowly continues to fall.

"...No matter, this is the punishment you chose. I cannot stop you from tormenting yourself this way when I feel the same way as you do." The Hydro Archon Focalors looked at the Court of Fontaine in the distance.

"It's time for me to go back I suppose..." She began to walk towards the city, letting the cold feeling of the rain cover her body . "The hour of my celebration is near..."

----------

Clorinde had two regrets she would never forgive in her lifetime.

The first was the death of Mr. Callas.

Killing him in the duelist's ring for the so called duel of 'honor'. With no hesitation, she let the blood drip into her sword and into the cracks of the stage, the spectacle quiet and hushed.

The only thing she heard was her own breath and the cries of Navia from a far away distance. As she closed her eyes, she let his final whispers enter her ears, draping her whole body and turned into resolve to protect his daughter as her sole atonement.

But the guilt never faded. As she watched Navia's stained tears fell from her cheeks and asking, taking a strong hold to her clothes, screaming the question 'why', the regret was potent enough for her to avoid her like the plague and instead watch her in the shadows.

In the end, Navia had forgiven her and their relationship had mended. Although there were scratches in their bonds, it could slowly reform into something stronger yet beautiful scars. A reminder of a bittersweet past as time passes on.

Her second regret was her betrayal to Furina's trust.

There, Clorinde had stood over the deity she once sworn to protect. Sword pointed at her neck and ignored the guilt too strong that her hand quivered. Furina's mismatched eyes were widened in disbelief and the emotions of betrayal written along her sharpened breath and closed fist.

Yet as if a fleeting hallucination, the deity took one sharp breath and her pain disappeared. She acted as if nothing happened and turned the table by capturing the eyes of the audience with her incredible bravado and drama.

And Clorinde knew, that the moment the ex-archon hid those pain in her eyes was the moment she lost all her chances of reconciliation.

Then when the Prophecy came to pass, the ex-archon disappeared, Leaving no trace for her to follow, adding more guilt to her already weakened heart. She did not leave a letter of goodbye, not even a message of grudge or anger against them. She wished she did, only so she can be assured that Furina left willing and for her own selfish wishes.