𝗛𝗲𝗶𝘇𝗼𝘂 ✾ 𝗗𝗲𝗱𝗶𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗮 𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲

Your P.O.V

The sight of Watatsumi Island has always been a fresh breath of beauty. I have been laying down in the water for hours, watching the sky shift from a cloudy morning to a starry blue. Several waterfalls flowed freely, and the smell of the fresh ecosystem gradually immersed itself into my senses.

I close my eyes, listening to the pulses of the waves crashing over my ears. After a moment, a distant sound approached. Splash, splash. They were the sound of footsteps. Two warm hands covered my face, and the waves became calm.

"Guess who?"

It was a young male voice, and through the spaces in the hand I saw the red-haired boy and his emerald eyes. "Doushin Shikanoin? I must have angered the great detective", I half heartedly joked.

"Don't worry about it, I'm off duty." Heizou offered me a hand to get up, but I pulled him down next to me. I wished to stay a bit longer. "Enjoying the scenery too?"

I feel his hands caress the side of my cheek, lifting my chin to meet his gaze. The sensation is an all-too-unusual feeling. I feel the warmth of his fingers slide over the skin of my cheek, and I catch the barest hint of a scent I cannot place. My breath draws sharp when his hands raise my face to meet his eyes, where I meet the intense gaze of the boy making my breath catch.

"You're close," I manage to whisper. He brushes my hair to the side, and I feel his breath near my neck.

"So are you," he purrs, his voice returning softly. I feel his breath falter, knowing I had him under control. I lean towards him, moving within the tight space I have, trying to fight the urge to tease him. Heizou closes his eyes, almost anticipating what I'm about to do.

I wasn't going to give him what he wanted, at least for now. Instead, I took two handfuls of the water surrounding us and tossed it on his face. He opened his eyes and sat up with a playful smile.

"(y/n), are you giving me permission to retaliate?"

I stare blankly at his wet lashes, his words going out my ears. My hair has already been completely soaked, and the amplified coldness of the air has begun to sink into my skin.

Despite feeling a loss in warmth, Heizou's mischievous smile kept me at a steady temperature. His words continue to fall on deaf ears, and I can only offer empty nods as my mind floats like a daydreamer.

"(y/n), you look like you're drunk...You're not passing out, are you?

The air seeped its way through my soaked hair and clothing, and I struggled to keep my thoughts focused. Each breath comes as a sharp chill, while my soaked clothing clings to my body. Even the heat and humidity of his body in close proximity to mine does little to relieve the discomfort I feel.

»--𓆩⟡𓆪--«

I woke up within the shelters of Watatsumi. Heizou had carried me here, evident from the water stains his clothes also had.

"I could have just fallen asleep on the island."

My remark turns his attention towards me, noticing that I'm awake. He chuckles at me and shakes his head. "Man alive, don't be a willing victim of the cold." He takes a moment to study my face, and I feel myself relaxing slightly at his care.

"What?" I ask, trying to sound nonchalant, but I see the amused glint in his eyes. He was smiling in spite of himself, but as I look at him, I notice that he's shivering too.

"Give me a hug," he suggested with a smirk. "I think we both need one."

"A hug I guess," I agreed, my voice catching in my throat as the heat in my face grew at his suggestion. We both lean in, and we come together in a gentle embrace.

Our bodies warmed each other until we were both comfortable, remaining in place for a long time and unable to tear ourselves away.