~74~

"Hyunjin."

I couldn't answer and only stared into his confused and pleading eyes.
He looked horrible.
Now I can't back off anymore...I should get it over with.

I sighed and took a step forward to which Chan immediately moved aside so I could enter his room.
His bed was literally a mess but what did I expect? He himself wasn't looking his best either.
Dark eye bags, hairs messy, sweaty, pale face...horrible in general.

We used to cuddle in his bed and after that he threw me out.
He clearly said that it was my fault that the vampires are after them and that Minho almost got killed.
How can I believe that this is a lie?

I sat down on his bed and Chan closed his bedroom door.
"So...I heard you have some explaining to do."
I tucked my hair behind my ear and looked up at Chan who slowly walked to me.
"Make it quick.*

He sat beside me not talking until he brushed his hands through his hair, putting his elbows on his thighs staying like that.
"This is so ridiculous."
A sad giggle left Chan his mouth and he continued talking.
"Just a question...will you come back to me?"
He straightened his posture looking me in my eyes.

"It depends."
I gulped and hummed understanding.
"Just so you know, I never wanted to hurt you."
Chan said with a serious look on his face but I just couldn't take his words serious.
I was so close to laughing but I have to hold myself back; I will leave afterwards anyway.

"You remember when your father called you multiple times, telling you to come back to LA immediately?"
Yeah i definitely remember this happening but I never arrived in LA ...hell I wasn't even able to leave South Korea because I got attacked by those vampires.

"you went back to your grandfathers mansion to pack your stuff and that's when I and the others talked."
Chan was smiling but his smile never reached his eyes.
"They were so mad at you for leaving but it wasn't your fault but they still were mad."

Yes indeed they were. They literally barged into Chan his room and caught us off guard; we were sleeping and cuddling in his bed.
They were screaming stuff like 'when were you going to tell us?!'.
Well mostly jisung screamed.

I smiled and Chan continued talking.
"I told them to not be mad at you and just let you go.
They stared at me with their eyes soo wide open; it was funny."
He giggled but it only lasted a second or two before his face turned serious and sad again.

"The reason why I wanted you to go was because."
He gulped turning his face to my side.
"Can I hold your hands?"
His eyes moved down to my hands that I placed on top of my thighs.
I nodded slowly and Chan his warm fingers reached out to my hand.
The warmth of his hands engulfed my hands and his thumb was rubbing reassuringly on my wrist.

"I wanted you to go because of the upcoming war.
I thought that if you'd go early enough that you wouldn't be in danger at all but I guess I was wrong."
His hand grew hotter, so did his gaze on me.

I looked away breaking our eye contact.
"Then why did you say such horrible things to me, Chan?
You said you didn't wanted me to get hurt but in the end you were the one who hurt me"

"Tell me hyunjin, would you have left if I told you to? Would you have left if I told you that you could be in danger?"

My eyes widened when I let his words sink in.
Hell no I wouldn't have left and he knew it.
"I know that you wouldn't leave so easily but I definitely knew one thing; I needed to make you hate me in order to protect you."