Seven (Three)

You are sitting in the orb of your Devil Fruit in complete silence. Only the rumble of the dancing waves reach you, as the dreams are chasing each other in the labyrinth of time.

Your breath is heavy, and your throat is almost closed up. You feel like you are suffocating, but know that it all is not real.

King helped you find a little calmness, just enough that your chest stopped bleeding and it doesn't hurt anymore.

The sharp pain of your grief molded and turned into the work of short claws instead of the swords that pierced through your flesh.

You think straight for the first time since you saw Kid's defeat.

It seems Lunarian magic has its wonders in all the dimensions that exist.

But ever since that last dream that made you come here, you never had one with Eustass Kid. You can't rid of the feeling of losing command over your ability.

Someone is here.

And as much as you hate it, King told you what you need to do.

You need to find the one that corrupts your power before it turns against you.

Else, you are not sure if you can see your love ever again.

Your head drops, and you tremble, huddling yourself up.

Your fingers play with the ring he gave you as his promise, your lips forming voiceless numbers as you count to restrain your emotions.

You hold a small, flickering blue fire by your chest, a gift from the man who raised you.

It helps to stay conscious enough to rule the ocean around you a little longer, despite being here for quite a while now.

You are listening.

Listening to hear through the myriads of noises in history written down and to be lived, listening to find what owns its own thoughts.

You bite your lower lip and stand up.

King didn't answer any of your questions about how he knows about your Devil Fruit, despite its vacancy from the book that describes all the known powers.

You hate that your hand shakes. You hate how you are scared.

When you talked to Ace about these things, they were all different. You had no fear since it was your future only, something you were sure to defend and fight for.

Now, it endangers a lot more. Your connection with Kid broke, something that brought you together through time.

You wipe your tears away and raise your hand, moving it in a circle. The thousands of waves start orbiting at a swifter pace.

Your eyes follow their never-ending waltz, and you brace yourself as you start walking to feel which one is calling for you with possible answers.

But you stop when you hear silent breathing behind you.

It's deliberate and struggling, similar to yours a few minutes ago. It's the noise that a lost soul makes.

It awakes deep anxiety in your sanity that sweeps away everything in its way.

"Three," it says, and you start shaking.

The voice doesn't sound human, it's rough and hoarse, like a stone sliding down the side of a frozen mountain.

You suffer from how frightened you are but decide to turn around, clearing your thoughts as many times in your past, when you couldn't allow yourself to be taken aback by your sentiments.