Chapter Twenty Seven: Inevitable

Weeks Later, Football/Soccer Field

  Tempo was going against another school for a friendly. The team was down 8-2, there was 90 seconds on the clock and Hotaro had the ball. He was forced to play in Ryo's former position as someone had to fill in and he was the closest to Ryo's playstyle.

  Hotaro looked all around him, feeling nothing but pressure on himself as he took the ball up. He spotted Naomi pushing up on the wing of the field. Taking this opportunity, he passed the ball, pinging it in front of the Right Back. However, a midfielder on the opposite team kicked the ball away, taking away the team's chance.

  Without the help of Ryo or Ren, the team was nothing. Those two were the main reason why they were able to stand against the toughest of teams. And so, when the identity of the two were revealed to the public, everything was over...

.

.

.

—--------------------

After the Game

  The team was in shambles, tired, exhausted, weak willed. They boarded the bus, prepared to go back home. Many members of the team were cursing Ryo and Ren, had they not done what they had done, perhaps none of this would happen.

  Hotaro didn't really know how to feel about all of this. He wasn't really close to the two, but they were his upperclassmen. He never had a connection to the two, which he thought might be the reason for why he wasn't feeling really strong emotions. But there was one thing Hotaro always had in the back of his mind.

He wanted to be able to play like Ryo.

  Ryo was a talented midfielder and was an amazing person in Hotaro's eyes. He was kind of like an idol, or someone he admired. Hotaro thought that this might be the reason as to why he decided to continue playing Football/Soccer.

  A sudden bang came on the bus. It was Renji hitting his head on the window. He was frustrated with how things were turning out. One day everyone on the team was playing Football/Soccer together, and the next, Ryo and Ren are revealed to be dangerous assassins. Curses came from Renji, his emotions took the wheel with how he was acting.

  >Is this how everyone else feels?< Hotaro questioned himself, looking at his teammates and their facial expressions. >Maybe...< Hotaro looked away, resting his head on the seat in front of him, taking a breath, looking at his hand.

  Feeling tired and not wanting to give himself a headache, he leaned back, letting himself slouch back a bit into a bit more of a comfortable position. Closing his eyes, he rested on the bus ride back to the school.

—--------------------

U-Yung Household, Sia's Room

  Sia was getting ready for bed, she had her sleep wear on, her hair was untied and dry after she took a shower. Humming a song to herself as she set up her bed for sleep. Looking over her alarms, seeing as she was feeling better and was ready to go back to school.

  Jay knocked on the door to Sia's room, letting him in, Sia put her phone down on the desk. "Are you sure you're up for school?" Jay asked, wanting to double check on his younger sister. "Yep! I am absolutely ready!" Sia said as she flexed her arm, smiling as she said this. "Okay, well, if you feel unwell, tell a teacher or staff member, okay?" Jay said as he was closing the door.

  Once Sia was left alone in her room, she got into her bed, ready for a good night's rest. >Another day... and.... another...< Sia dozed off in her thoughts, soft snores coming from her as she slept in her bed.