🔆||Rules & Eligibility ||🔆

Welcome once more!

A story is deemed eligible for entry upon fulfillment of the following criteria.

FULL LENGTH NOVELS

Full length novel entries MUST be a minimum of 40,000 words, MUST be completed and marked completed. They should have been posted no earlier than January 1, 2020 to Wattpad (i.e. if your story was posted to the site prior to the first of January 2020 it is NOT eligible to be entered). All full length novels should be entered under the genre submission form most fitting to their novel genre. See the chapters SCHEDULE and GENRE CATEGORIES for more details. Stories submitted under the incorrect genre category may be disqualified or moved in the leniency of the judges.

NOVELLAS

Novella entries MUST have a minimum of 15,000 words with a maximum of 40,000 words (i.e. entries must fall in the range of 15K---40K words) and MUST be completed and marked completed. All stories within this word bracket MUST be entered under the Novella genre submission form REGARDLESS of what genre the story may be. Entering a novella under a genre submission form will result in disqualification or the story being moved in the leniency of the judges. Stories must have been posted no earlier to Wattpad than January 1, 2020.

WATTPAD AWARDS AND ELIGIBILITY

The Nano Watt Award 2024 DOES NOT accept stories that have won any of the following Wattpad Awards:

●The Wattys
●Open Novella Contest
●The Ambys

However stories that have been longlisted or shortlisted for these awards are eligible for entry.

THE NANOWATT AWARDS AND ELIGIBILITY

Stories that have been previously entered in The NanoWatt Awards ARE NOT eligible for re-entrance.

MATURITY

All stories MUST adhere to Wattpad's content guidelines and be rated appropriately.

SUBMISSION LIMITS

Participants are allowed ONE submission per genre category BUT are allowed submission to multiple genre categories. FOR EXAMPLE a participant cannot submit two fantasy stories BUT they are welcome to submit a story to fantasy, another to romance and another to science fiction. Failure to adhere to this guideline will result in disqualification of the offending entries.

SEQUELS

Sequels are eligible to be entered ONLY IF they can be read as standalone.

LANGUAGE

At this time The Nano Watt only accepts entries that are written in ENGLISH.

MISCELLANEOUS

The following list is OPTIONAL but would be highly appreciated:

1) Follow @TheNanoWatt

2) Vote on the chapters of this book and add this book to your library, public reading list or give a shout out on your message board.

3) Tag those who you feel would be interested.

4) Tag your book #nanowatt2024, #thenanowatt, #TNW2024

LEGAL DISCLAIMER

The Nano Watt does not claim any rights to the entries of participants neither does it claim any exclusivity when entering this contest. Entries are the sole properties of participants.