002. percy jackson

KARA TURNED THE CORNER TO SEE A BEAUTIFUL BOY HER AGE. He turned around in alarm, and she soaked in his features.

His curls were honey colored, and his eyes were strikingly blue like the ocean. He stood much taller than her, and Kara couldn't help but observe how cute he was.

"Who are you?" Kara asked.

His face lit up in pure disgust. "You seriously don't know who I am?"

Kara was confused, because she had never seen this boy in her life. He was the one wandering around her home after all.

"No."

He stepped closer, and Kara realized that his eyes were much bluer than she thought. "Have you ever heard of Percy Jackson?!"

Her chocolate colored eyes looked at him skeptically. "Doesn't ring a bell."

He dramatically gasped. Kara was growing intolerant of him. "So who are you?"

He sighed before replying, "Walker Scobell."

Walker studied her, still shocked that Kara seemed to have no recognition of him at all. "Who are you then?"

Kara rolled her eyes. "Kara."

Walker smiled sarcastically. "Kara who?"

"Kara Reynolds. How do you not know who I am?"

Walker looked like puzzle pieces just clicked together in his brain. "So, you're Ryan's daughter."

"Mhm."

"Are you unaware of the fact that I acted alongside Ryan in a movie called The Adam Project?"

Kara actually did remember that. She remembered Ryan working with a short and young boy with blonde hair that must have been Walker. She looked up at him now. He looked different. In a good way.

"Actually, I do remember that. You were that little kid."

Walker threw his hands in the air, looking around in disbelief. Kara liked seeing him so frustrated. His facial expressions made her laugh.

"You were the same age as me."

"Alright, Percy. You wanna tell me why you showed up at my house?"

Walker's face scrunched up as Kara referred to him by his character's name. She really had never heard of the series before. Kara wondered if she should try it.

"Basically, your dad wanted to hang out with me."

Kara raised her eyebrows. "My dad wants to hang out with a child?"

Walker began to protest, but before he could, Kara giggled. "Sorry! Not just a kid; Percy Jackson."

He flushed in embarrassment, his curls dropping as he dipped his head in shame. "Will you stop that?"

"Ah! Walker!" a voice rang from the other room.

Ryan Reynolds squeezed Walker Scobell in a childish hug. Kara stood there, arms crossed. Walker tried to shuffle away. "Ryan, dude."

"Sorry." Ryan clapped his hands together, smiling at Kara. He ruffled her hair with his hands. "I see you've met Walker."

"I have. Did you know he plays Percy Jackson-"

"I will actually throw her out of the window."

Ryan's eyes widened as he shook his head. Kara couldn't tell if he was genuinely afraid. "Please don't."

Ryan put on his jacket and grabbed his phone off the counter. "Have fun, kids!"

He headed towards the door, Walker on his tail. "Hey! You just invited me over! Where are you going?"