PRELUDE /// BURIAL

Hell had watched V1 draw its last input, seeing the single eye of the cold-blooded machine dim and die out. Hell had won, and it was satisfied. In all of its existence, V1 was the greatest being it found. V1, however, would have taken every chance he could get to get blood, even if it meant ending Hell itself. Hell knew that, so Hell gave the rare privilege of death to the machine. Hell soon moved its corpse through the layers, all the way down to violence...

In the midst of the blazing comets, a cross was set up. As soon as V1 had arrived to the battlefield, he was hung on it as a display of the power Hell had over the denizens suffering under its wrath.

Hell may have achieved control over the sinners, but it had yet to gain rein of the Heavens. The angels never once batted an eye towards them as a result of the malicious council it had watched ever so slightly.

The council had no idea that there was a power greater than them...

"A L L O F T H E M S H A L L S U F F E R ."

Soon, Hell gathered its forces as it planned to take over the last safe haven. All the husks forced under its control, the machines controlled into killing thousands, and the thousands of demons created from pure hell energy.

The battle was bloody. Millions of angels dead by the hands of Hell's forces. Only a lucky few were able to escape, moving to places unknown as Hell rampaged through heaven. In the end, countless angelic souls had been punished to eternal damnation, as no one can escape hell even in death.

In the end, the remaining Virtues had fallen, and now join the ranks of Hell as those who revolted against hell were punished to serve the punishment they once enforced.

Hell laughed, for hope had fallen, its Burial achieved through vicious and senseless violence overseen by Itself

...

That was the problem...

No more death, no new sinners...

Eventually, it would get bored of torturing the same souls for eons...

It wanted more...

IT NEEDED MORE.

THIS IS NOT THE WAY IT SHOULD END...

SUFFERING IS THE ONLY WAY IT SHOULD END...

Its screams were heard across the layers, each of them shaking with Hell's rage...

It was confined here, to forever watch over the layers of Itself as it would surely grow tired...

Only a few things remained, perhaps read over the documents of the last humans to laugh at their foolish hope?

Whilst searching, Hell had found a Terminal titled "Testament I."

Reading it, it was clear that God had written these in a spout of depression. Hell knew of his disappearance, likely being his death, yet it hadn't seen these before...

This was even located at the entrance to the layers, so finding this was a diamond in the rough.

There could be more.

Searching the layers through a modified machine with a broken down, rusted TV for a head, it searched until it found the second installment.

God's grief showed in his writing, yet the lines "Again and Again" paired with "Failure after Failure" intrigued hell further...

After searching Greed, it had found the last terminal it needed to read:

"UNCOUNTABLE CYCLES OF CREATION WASTED UNCOUNTABLE FORMULAS FOR A MIND WITHOUT FREE WILL WASTED
DAMNED IS MAN FOR FAILING TO FOLLOW MY RULE, MY WORD, MY LAW DAMNED TO AN ETERNITY OF TORTURE AND SUFFERING, THE WAILING AND THE GNASHING OF TEETH

I HAVE CREATED HELL . . .

. . . And now I can no longer unmake it."

Uncountable cycles of creation...

Again and Again...

The realization dawned upon hell, like a decaying star exploding into the elements seen in space...

There was more out there.

Not here, but somewhere...

It wanted to find them...

IT NEEDED TO FIND THEM...

SUFFERING IS A FATE NO ONE SHALL ESCAPE...

BLOOD WILL BE STAINED.

HELL SHALL BE SATISFIED.

H E L L W I L L A R R I V E L I K E D E A T H A T O N E S D O O R .