Chapter six

So I'm adding a nonbinary demi-god named Rylee, they are in Ravenclaw. They are a child of Athena, so Annabeth's sibling that she didn't know about. That's it for now! On to the story!

Star Lily's pov:

I pushed the door open with all the strength I could gather, which was a lot.

"Chase, Annabeth"

Annabeth walked forward towards the three-legged stool that sat in front of the houses. The hat was on her head for a grand total of 10 seconds before it started screaming bloody murder.

"GET ME OFF HER SHE'S BEEN THROUGH MORE THEN POTTER! GET ME AWAY FROM HER! GOD, HOW ARE YOU STILL SANE!? GRYFFINDOR, GRYFFINDOR!" The sorting screamed, and based on the school's reaction, that wasn't normal.

Next, Nico was called.

"Di Angelo, Nico,"

The reaction to him was a bit better.

"OH GOD, YOU WENT THERE ALONE?! SHE AT LEAST HAD SOMEONE THERE TOO! HOW ARE YOU STILL SANE AFTER GOING THROUGHT ALL THAT!? YOU'VE BEEN THROUGH WORSE THEN POTTER TOO! GRYFFINDOR, GRYFFINDOR!" The hat shouted again, making the school jump again.

"Grace, Jason,"

"OH GOD, HOW ARE ALL OF YOU STILL SANE AFTER THAT WAR!? YOUR BETTER THEN DI ANGELO BUT STILL HOW?! HAVE ALL OF YOU BEEN THROUGH WORSE THEN POTTER?!" The hat yelled.

"I mean, probably. We don't know what he's been through, but we've probably had it worse time 19." Jason said simply.

"Jackson, Perseus,"

"Just Percy, please." Percy said

"OH MY GOD, YOU WORSE THEN THE CHASE GIRL! HOW CAN YOU STILL BE ALIVE?! HOW ARE YOU STILL SANE?! I MEAN HOW?! GET ME OFF HIS HEAD! GRYFFINDOR,  GRYFFINDOR!" The hat yelled.

"Jackson, Star Lily,"

I felt the hat being placed on my head slowly, as it the person was weary of how the hat would react.

You have to put down your walls

If you wish weird hat

Thank yo- "OH GOD! YOUR WORSE THEN THE OTHERS PUT TOGETHER! YOU WENT THERE ALONE MULTIPLE TIMES! AND YOU BLAME YOURSELF FOR YOUR FRIENDS DEATHS! NO CHILD IT WASN'T YOUR FALT! OH GOD, IT'S WORSE! " The hat yelled.

By then, I could tell that I was silently sobbing of the stool.

"YOUR WORSE THE EVERYONE WHO I JUST SORTED TIMES 20! YOUR WORSE THEN POTTER TIMES 100! GRYFFINDOR, GRYFFINDOR" The hat was sobbing.

"Ummm... I think the hat needs a break," I said, putting my hand up.

"Yes, very well. You may start your feast until the sorting hat is ready to sort the rest. Oh, and for the exchange students, my name is Professor McGonagall!" The Professor said.

I went to sit down next to the others, trying to wipe my tears away without being noticed. It didn't work. As soon as I sat down, Annabeth, Nico, Percy, and Jason tried to calm me down, which didn't help it just made it worse.

"Hey, do we have some plates from camp?" I asked.

"Yeah, I got some before we left." Jason said.

"How are we supposed to burn our food, I mean, we don't have a fire here." Annabeth said. She had a point we didn't have a fire here to burn our food.

We walked up to Professor McGonagall and asked it she could conjure a fireplace in the back corner of the room, which she agreed to do.

We went and scraped some of our food for the gods, but some of mine and the others reaped on my plate, which I found weird but didn't think anything of it. We sat back down at our table.

"Why did you burn perfectly good food?!" Ron asked

"It's our religion." Percy said, which was smart, something I thought he couldn't be.

"Oh okay, by the way, what did the sorting hat mean when it said that you 5 went through more than Harry?" Ron asked.

"Well, to start off, what has he been through?" I asked.

"He's been through a war! He died once! And was in a prophecy!" Ron exclaimed.

"We've been in 2! Plus, another battle! Two of us died and then came back! AND WE'VE BEEN IN MULTIPLE PROPHECIES!" I said in response to Ron.

You could tell that they were shocked at the fact that we had been in two wars and another battle. They may not know what wars we've been through, but they knew enough.

Rylee's pov:

As the American exchange students walked in, you could tell that something was different about them, but one of them caught my eye more than the others; Star Lily. You could tell she had more power in just her pinky than everyone in the room. The sorting hat acted really strange when they were being sorted it kept screaming that they had been through worse than Harry. I had a few ideas about who they really were.

I walked over to the Gryffindor table to say hi to the exchange students that had been sorted, but as I got closer, I could tell that Star Lily was more beautiful and cute than I originally thought.

"Hi, I'm Rylee!" I said, hoping that they would pick up the fact that I'm nonbinary.

"Hey!" Star Lily said.
"Hi!" Percy said.
"You're really pretty!" Star Lily exclaimed.

I was taken back at that as I was never called pretty. I was usually called ugly or gross.

"Thank you! Hey, I know that we barely know each other, but would you guys like to be my friends? I know it's sudden but I would like friends instead of being lonely." I said shyly.

"OF COURSE! We would love to be your friends! I bet you're an amazing person, Rylee!" Star Lily said.

"Y-y-y-you didn't call me s-s-s-she!" I said, very surprised.

"Well, I assumed that you used they/them Pronons. Sorry if I got it wrong!" She said.

"No! You got it right! I'm just really surprised because people don't usually use the pronons for me that I use! They usually call me a girl." I said in response.

Star Lily's pov:

Oh my gods! They are really pretty! I wish I was their girlfriend! I thought when I saw Rylee walk up to us. I know that they probably don't think I look nice, but whatever.

"Hi! I'm Rylee!" They said.

"Hello!" I said, shocked that they decided to come talk to us.

"Hi!" Percy said, not noticing that I was slightly blushing.

"You're really pretty!" I said, trying to complement them.

You could tell that they were surprised at me calling them pretty.

"Thank you! Hey, I know that we barely know each other, but would you guys like to be my friends? I know it's sudden, but I would like friends instead of being lonely." Rylee said shyly.

"OF COURSE! We would love to be your friends! I bet you're an amazing person, Rylee!" I said because I knew it was true.

"Y-y-y-you didn't call me s-s-s-she!" They said really surprised.

"Well, I assumed you used they/them pronons!Sorry if I got it wrong!" I said, hoping  that I got it right.

"No! You got it right! I'm just surprised because people don't usually use the pronons for me that I use! They usually call me a girl." They said, trying to clear things up a bit.

Just then, Professor McGonagall called out to the school that we would resume sorting in a few moments' time.

This is my longest chapter. By far, I hope you guys liked it!