×| 2 |×

{ Mason }

"Hey! I'm so glad you're letting me stay over." Derek chuckled, bringing in two duffle bags full of clothes and other necessities. "Yeah, no problem." Mason muttered.

"Quick warning.. I have another friend who is staying over for a while too. He's.. a bit odd."

"Oh, what's his name?"

Shit. Mason hadn't bothered to ask anything about this demon. But I'm perfect timing, he walked out and greeted the two men. "Hello, you must be Derek. I'm Travis." He smiled. For a demon, Travis was surprisingly polite.

Now that Mason was observing him more directly, it occurred to him that Travis was fairly tall and well built. He wasn't at all small and frail with a feminine build. He did have very luscious hair and man boobs but that seemed to be it. If Mason was gay, he would've been thirsting over this demon.

But he's not gay.

"Oh.. nice to meet you." Derek spoke in a hesitant tone, shaking his hand with a pointed glare. It was honestly kind of strange to watch Derek be so suspicious. As far as Mason could remember his friend, Derek was always chill with a 'whatever happens, happens.' vibe. The only times he didn't act politely around a person was if he had a bad feeling about them, which usually happened with fake friends of Mason or a genuinely insane ex.

Could he somehow tell that Travis was a demon?

"So. Where am I rooming? I remember you only having one extra bedroom." Derek said pointedly at Mason, which broke his train of thought. Shit times two. Mason froze in thought but before he could say anything, Travis answered for him. "Don't worry! Me and-" He paused, subtly shoving Mason and in return earning his name. "Mason will sleep together."

Huh?! What would Derek think about Mason sleeping with a man?

"Uhh, not sleeping together together, but we're going to be sleeping in the same room.." Mason clarified, even though no one had said anything about sleeping together from a sexual standpoint.

"Mkay. Well, let me go ahead and put my stuff down." Derek said, grabbing his bags all at once and taking them to the guest room. "Soo~ who's that hunk?" Travis asked once Derek made it down the hall towards his room. "Derek is my best friend and you're not allowed to do whatever you are planning to do." Mason grumbled back, glaring daggers at Travis.

"Bold of you to assume I would plan to do anything~" Travis giggled. Mason didn't quite know what to do with that information, but the demon walked away and Derek returned before he was able to ask.

"What's up with Travis?" Derek asked after he watched the demon leave. And of course, Mason mildly panicked and a random answer flew from his mouth. "He is a friend I've had for a while. He wanted to travel here, so I invited him to live with me until he was ready to go back." Mason explained with a cautious smile on his face. It was surprising how easily he was able to lie to his best friend, but Derek seemed satisfied with the answer, even with his narrowed eyes that briefly glared into Mason's soul.

"Don't you have to go to your job?" Derek suddenly asked. Oh no, Mason completely forgot about his barista job. The fiasco with Travis' existence and Derek coming over had swung him off course. "Crap." Mason muttered as he ran off to his room where Travis was crouched and observing a picture that Mason had on his bedside table of his family. He remembered that day, when they traveled to a hidden lake and had a picnic. "Yo, I have to go somewhere, do you just want to stay home with Derek?" Mason asked, removing his pants.

Travis opened his mouth and then looked at Mason, his jaws closing immediately as his eyes roamed Mason's legs and ass. "Hey! My eyes are up here!" Mason growled, narrowing his eyes at the demon. "Hm? Oh, uh- Can I go with you, actually?" Travis asked.