🔆|| Judging & Prizes ||🔆

J U D G I N G

As all contestants are naturally curious about this aspect of the competition this information will be provided.

Please note that TheNanoWatt will NOT be reading through the entirety of each submission.

By the end of the contest winners can expect between 50-70% of their book to be read while Grand winners can expect that percentage to be higher between 70%-100%

Breakdown:

Longlist

•To select those who will be qualified for the Long list the first THREE chapters of submissions will be read and assesssed. These chapters will be judged primarily on hook and unique factor. In essence: how well does the story draw us in and how well does it initially set itself apart from the competition. Additionally things such as grammar & punctuation, prose, dialogue etc will be assessed. By these criteria qualification for longlist and longlist highlights will be determined.

Shortlist

•For shortlist qualification, Long List qualifiers can expect between 30-50% of their entry to be read. At this point deeper things about the story will be assessed such as characters and their arcs, setting, plot story structure, narrative, themes etc. Furthermore the unique factor of the story will be further assessed. Does it carry throughout the story? And is it built on in a way that enhances the story in a difrentiating way? By these criteria shortlist qualification will be determined.

Winners

•To determine the winning entries 50-70% of each shortlisted entry will be read to decide winners. The deeper aspects of the story will continue to be judged and by such criteria the winners will be determined.

Grand Winners

•Finally for the Grand Winners 70%-100% of each winning submission will be read and further judged. A solid finish and fresh perspective to the genre are some things that will be favoured in this determination.

*NOTE that TheNanoWatt will not be providing feedback as to why your story did or did not make it through and sincerely hopes that the breakdown of judgement here is suffice in understanding the judging criteria.

P R I Z E S

🥈SHORTLIST🥈 (~300👥)

-Shortlist sticker

🥇WINNERS🥇(~100👥)

- Winning Sticker

-Added to Winners List 2024 (Permanent)

-Added to Winners Genre Lists 2024 (1 year)

🎉🏆GRAND WINNERS🏆🎉(10👥, one from each genre)

Winners prizes in addition to:

-Grand Winner Sticker

-Added to Grand Winners List 2024 (Permanent)

-Personal shout out from us on our message board

-Interview from The Nano Watt to be immortalized in the Nano Watt Hall of Fame