Introduction

Jennifer Crain(Younger)

Jennifer Crain
(Younger)

Jennifer Crain(Younger)

Jennifer Crain
(Older)

Carla Gugino as 'Olivia Crain'
Henry Thomas as young 'Hugh Crain'
Timothy Hutton as older 'Hugh Crain'
Michiel Huisman as older Steve Crain
Paxton Singleton as young 'Steve Crain'
Elizabeth Reaser as older 'Shirley Crain'
Lulu Wilson as young 'Shirley Crain'
Kate Siegel as older 'Theo Crain'
Mckenna Grace as young 'Theo Crain'
Oliver Jackson-Cohen as older 'Luke Crain'
Julian Hillard as young 'Luke Crain'
Victoria Pedretti as older 'Nell Crain'
Violet McGraw as young 'Nell Crain'

Jennifer Crain was born in the early hours of the morning, October 23rd, 1985, a year before her younger twin siblings were born.

In the summer of 1992, when Jennifer was just seven years old, she and her family moved to a large, old house in the middle of the woods. It was a beautiful house, and that was going to be their forever home.

Jennifer would often say "the house is loud", and no one really knew what she meant by that. Hugh just assumed she meant that the house settling in the middle of the night was loud, but Olivia had a sinking feeling it was more than that, though she never pressed the issue.

Steve didn't spend much time with Jennifer, he was 'too cool' to hang out with his little sister. Though sometimes she would occasionally seek him out if she were bored, or if she had a question or a problem.

Shirley was mean to Jennifer, always teasing her whenever she said the house was loud, always freaking her out by telling her that the ghosts would get her in her sleep.

Theo was the closest to the Jennifer, and was only three years old when Jennifer was born. She couldn't really pronounce 'Jennifer' and the name 'Jenny' never really stuck with Theo, and she just called her 'Bitsy'. That's what she's called her since she first met her younger sister. Bitsy.

Luke and Nell were only a year younger than Jennifer, and they called her Jenny, just like everyone else (except Theo). Since they were only a year apart in age the twins kind of pulled Jennifer into their 'twin thing' from a very young age.

Jennifer wasn't really close with their father, Hugh. She loved him, he was her father, but she never clicked with him the way she clicked with their mother.

Olivia was Jennifer's favourite person, she adored her mother. Olivia would take her out to the garden, and show her all the flowers, and show her how to plant flowers, or show her which ones were the weeds and which ones weren't.

So on that terrifying night in 1992, when Hugh took all the kids out to the car, Jennifer was scared. She'd woken up to her father picking her up from her bed, telling her to keep her eyes closed tight, and to hold on, and he ran through the halls, down the stairs, out the door, and to the car with her, putting her in the car with the other kids.

She didn't want to leave, not without her mom. She wasn't the only one. All of her siblings were asking "where's mom?" or "what about mom?" or saying "we can't leave mom".

For the next 29 years, Jennifer was angry. She was angry at her father. She was angry at him because she knew that if they'd just taken Olivia with them then she would still be alive. She would be okay. But no, he just had to leave her there.

She never let him forget it either, that's why holidays were always so tense. She'd visit from New York, where she lived as an attorney, and every chance she got she'd make little comments here and there about how she most definitely still hadn't forgotten.