Chapter 9

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : Chapter 9

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

When Ren and Laney got Kai back to his apartment and got him to his bed he Immediately passed out. Ren and Laney stood in Kai's living room when Laney turned and looked at ren.

"What was that all about?" she raised a brow at ren

"Do you think he will forget about this by morning time?" Ren refused to look at laney

"Don't avoid the question Ren, what's been going on?" laney snapped her figures trying to get ren to look at her

Ren thought about it, how does she explain all of this to laney?

Ren took a deep breath and sat down next to Laney. She knew she needed to explain the situation to her friend, but it was a complicated one. "Okay, so there was a night when Kai showed up at my apartment" Ren began, trying to ease into the conversation.

Laney nodded, a puzzled expression on her face. "Yeah, that's really not out of the ordinary"

"Well, it's not what it seems," Ren replied, feeling a little nervous. "You see, it just so happened that Chan was there too."

Laney's eyebrows shot up in surprise. "Chan? Why was he there?"

Ren took another deep breath. "He was actually there to help me build a dresser. I had bought it and I needed some help putting it together. So, I asked Chan and he kindly offered to come over that night."

Ren sighed. "I think he misunderstood the situation. He saw Chan there and assumed something was going on between us

"Is there?" Laney gave her a look "why was Chan of all people there? Why'd you ask him?"

Ren let out a heavy sigh. She knew this was gonna happen. She knew that Laney would have a lot of questions. It went so much deeper than just a dresser.

"I don't understand" Laney said as she looked at ren "why was chan at your apartment?" she asked again getting impatient

ren ran her fingers through her hair "its not like that I swear, we just kind of clicked yah know, you know that bar you saw me at? yeah well I was there with chan, since then we started texting and that turned into late-night video chats and that turned into us casually hanging out," Ren groaned.

"Okay, um well, why did Kai get so upset?" Laney asked

"I have no idea, it just came out of nowhere, then he turns around and does this that outburst he had in the parking lot was new even for me" Ren looked down at her feet

"Is there something going on between you and Chan? why have you not told me anything about this if there's not?" Laney just wanted answers

ren sighed and took a deep breath "Look, I know it looks bad, but nothing is going on between us. We're just friends, I promise."

Laney studied Ren's face, trying to read her emotions. She knew her friend well enough to know when she was lying, but right now, she couldn't tell.

"Okay, but why didn't you tell me about this? We tell each other everything," Laney said, feeling a little hurt.

"I know, I'm sorry. I just didn't want to make a big deal out of it. Chan and I are just hanging out, it's not serious. I didn't think it was worth bringing up," Ren explained.

Laney nodded, understanding a little better now. She couldn't be mad at Ren for not telling her, but she wished she had known.

"Okay, I believe you. But can you promise me that you'll be honest with me from now on? I don't want our friendship to suffer because of secrets," Laney said, placing a hand on Ren's shoulder.