The Beginning

Y/n POV

A guard welcomed me into the large premise where the grand ball would be held. I wore my nicest, most scandalous, emerald gown. It was a flowy satin, with a dark mesh draped over the expensive fabric. Topped off with a corset bodice with an open back and slit up the left leg.

I walked, overflowing with confidence, down the pathway that led to the palace. I approached the luxurious doors. Men drooled as I waltzed into he ballroom with my tall, slender legs showing slightly through the revealing dress.

I quickly made my way to the bar, where creepy men were spying with their eyes googling in admiration. My dark, silky hair flipped over my shoulder as I was attempting to ignore the perverted stares. I sipped my whiskey from the short frosted glass, pinky out like the "proper woman" I am.

I finished the now thawed glass, setting back into the counter, tossing down a couple bills before excusing myself to the bathroom.

I didn't actually have to use the restroom, I'm just socially awkward.
I made my way to the bathroom in the end, looking down most of the way.

Until I felt the urge to look up; like something was magnetizing my eyes to look at whatever it whoever it could've been.

When I couldn't resist the pull, I made eye contact with the glorious, green, shiny orbs that held the world.

I quickly look down in embarrassment, rushing to the general direction of the large bathroom sign that hung from the ceiling of the right wing that slid from the ballroom quarters.

I entered the large rooms with wooden stalls, splashing my face with the first sink I saw. I looked up to meet eyes with my disoriented face, smudged makeup melting down my chiseled cheeks.

"Who was that?,,

Was almost that went through my mind as I removed the makeup pouch from my purse that was slung over my slim shoulder.

Just as I was finishing up redoing my lustrous red lipstick, I saw a man walk out from a stall.