Julie Part 28

The announcement came again.

Julie slowly opened her eyes and looked over to where Teresa was sleeping.

The other girl turned to her and smiled sleepily as she got up.

"Good morning." She mumbled and yawned. "This bed is more comfortable than the one in the Infirmary."

Julie gave her tired smile. "Let's go take a shower. I imagine you didn't take one of those yesterday."

Teresa rubbed her tired eyes. "I can't actually remember ... Then I do think I just slept the day away or was that the day before?"

"I definitely need a shower..." Then again mumbled and looked at a log of her hair, which had a colored red. "Some of the tomato sauce from yesterday got in my hair and I didn't realize it, so now I need to wash it really bad."

The water felt nice on Julie's skin.

As she stepped out of the shower, she was met with Honey.

This time, she wasn't even scared. She just stepped around the other woman and went for the sinks. Then suddenly, she was pulled back by the shoulder.

"What the fuck is your problem?" She hissed in Julie's ear.

Julie felt the goosebumps coming up her arms but dug her nails into the palm of her hand to stay cool. "Right now, my problem is that some insecure woman isn't letting me brush my teeth."

Julie was so proud of herself that she barely noticed how people were snickering around them.

"Oh, you think you're cool just because your friend over there beat someone up in the arena?" Honey snarled and got right in her face.

"If I do, you must feel terrible after yesterday." Julie felt like her mouth was on autopilot.

"You...!"

Julie folded her arms across her chest. "Didn't you get warned that you're not supposed to start any more trouble or you'll get punished?" Then she pulled away from Honey before she could answer. "I would be careful if I were you."

Honey was quiet after that and truly felt the rush of adrenaline.

"That was so cool, Jules," Teresa said as she joined the others by the sinks.

"Really..." Adele agreed. "I didn't think you had it in you."

"And you didn't even get hit." Danica clearly tried to praise her.

Suzan didn't say anything but looked at Julie with these strange eyes.

...123...

Even as they sat down for breakfast Julie's high still hadn't gone away.

It was waffles with syrup and a smoothie and a cup of creamy tea.

"Do you think that girl actually made it yesterday?" She asked.

"I'm not more interested in why Teresa is drinking the same red liquid I am," Suzan said and gestured towards Teresa's tray, Where there was standing a tall glass with red liquid, along with the rest of her breakfast.

Teresa shrugged. "Don't know, it was just on the tray that they gave me."

"I was told it was to suppress my hunger. You don't really need to get your hunger suppressed." Suzan informed her.

"Is that another mystery?" Danica asked.

"We are not solving mysteries." Suzan almost growled.

"No, but it probably would be worth looking into," Adele said and folded her arms on the table. "I mean, if everyone who's been in the arena drinking the red liquid, then ... I don't know, there might be something to it."