Chapter 32

Today had to be my greatest day in the history of great days that have happened to me. Maybe not as great as finding your boyfriend being intimate with some girl that's not you right after you found out you were pregnant with his baby. Oh yup, good ass memories. Note to sarcasm, please.

The fact that it was not my first time being an intrusive bitch in Devin's life has got to be funny. It's like going back in time, and going straight to the night I was caught snooping in on Devin's conversation with one of his fuck buddies. Only this time, I was caught in a private room of his. How in the world am I going to get out of this one? Maybe just say the key randomly appeared in my hands somehow, and it glowed all the way to this door. Nope, I bet he won't believe that crap. Gosh, I really wish that had happened. TV shows giving me fake hope that a key can glow. In my dreams.

"Well, that was a fast trip," I nervously said. "You must be really tired. I should really let you rest, especially since it looks like you really need some beauty sleep. Those forehead creases are really adding at least twenty years into the mix."

I brought my thumb up to get rid of his creases obviously there because of anger.

If only his mad face would disappear with my touch. I've been reading too much books. In books, the female character touches the guy she likes and somehow sparks produce from her touch. Then, the male character that was mad at her realizes he feels something after that one small touch and BAM, they have a heated make out session and everything is uphill from there.

"How did you get in here?" He asked.

"It's a funny story. I was helping with the laundry and the key just somehow got into my hand. I really don't know how, but it flowed all the way to this room, that I know." A cheeky grin formed on my lips but it soon fell when I saw Devin's straight face.

"Alright I got bored found the locked look and snooped around your room for the key. I just don't understand why you would ever hide your talent."

"It's a mere hobby, something with no future. I just do it when I need to have a breather."

Devin walked over to where his portfolios where and began to shut the ones I had opened.

"You shouldn't have come in here."

I looked down at my feet and wracked my brain for a sincere apology. I didn't know how to confront a man that scared the living hell out of me.

I started with, "Listen," and then paused and continued after I knew how to word my thoughts. "It was very wrong of me to intrude like I did and I promise I will never do it again."

"But?" He asked knowing I was not done with way I had to say.

"But I don't regret it because I got to see that you aren't just a cold business man with not other talent than bossing people around."

"I'll take that as a compliment, but as for what happens now, I have a very important job for you. Consider it your punishment for your bad misbehavior."

My eyes widened a bit at how he worded what he said. I felt like a child being put on time out only this time I wouldn't be standing in the corner of a room but being his work slave.

"Come now, there much to do."