Last Chapter

"What are you doing here?" Zhan said when he came out of the bathroom, Zhao Liying was there. "Where is the nurse I left behind?"

"She came out when I came in," Zhao Liying said in a composed voice. Despite everything, Zhan bitterly admired the woman. Tall and beautiful and glamorous. Everything she wears is a designer's label.

"You have no right to be near my daughter. You almost got her killed!"

"You know it was an accident," the girl defended.

"That's what the scenario is. You know you're near the swimming pool, right? Why did you leave my daughter unattended? Did you do it on purpose?"

"I-I never thought that she would-" she stammered.

"The pool is far from the lanai. I wondered a few times how my child came to the swimming pool just crawling, and at the time while Yibo and I were talking." His eyes were burning with suppressed anger.

"Be careful what you say!" Zhao Liying said. "You even beat the detective with what you're saying. Even Yibo knows it was an accident."

"He is blind," he answered sarcastically. "Anyway, get out. I don't need you here."

"Don't mess up Yibo and I's life with that kid." She glanced sideways at the sleeping child. "Yibo often told me that he doesn't want commitments. He doesn't want to be trapped with a child. He makes sure that I wouldn't be pregnant, or I would have bore him a child. Yours was an accident, not on purpose. He told me so."

Zhan felt pain in his chest. Remembered the first time in the library. He didn't understand back then. But Yibo was trying to take something from his pocket. What was there was an empty pack that he didn't pay attention to.

But why does Yibo want to take his child? He saw Yibo's face while staring at Crystal in the ICU when she was out of danger. Zhan was sure, he saw love and tenderness in Yibo's eyes. Or that's what he wants to see on Yibo's face. Maybe what he saw was relief on Yibo's face because Crystal survived the danger.

"Get out of our lives, W-whatever your name is! Don't use the kid on Yibo! He's an honorable man and..." she couldn't finish what she had to say when the door opened and Yibo entered.

"Go on, Liying. I want to hear what else you have to say." it was spoken quietly but Zhao Liying knew how much anger was under Yibo's voice.

Zhao Liying raised her face and walked towards the door. And Zhan couldn't find fault with the dignity Zhao Liying showed.

"What are you doing here?" he turned to Yibo as the door closed.

"That child is my daughter, Zhan. It's my right to look after her," Yibo said calmly and glanced at the sleeping child.

"She almost died because of you."

The accusation was like a knife in Yibo's chest. "That's unfair."

"I don't care! Leave us alone."

"Zhan," Yibo said as he stepped closer to Zhan who quickly stood up. "Please, can't we talk..."

"We have nothing to talk about, Yibo. Don't take my daughter from me. You will have to kill me first," Zhan said determinedly.

"Zhan, I love you..." Yibo declared huskily.

Zhan's eyes widened slightly. His heart is suddenly beating so fast. He tried to calm himself and ignore what he heard.

"The most overrated declaration," Zhan mocked. "Don't waste your breath, Yibo. I don't know what the reason for your interest in my daughter is. I will not allow your woman to touch my daughter. She almost died because of your woman!"