STOP GOING ONE HEART DOWN

We appoligise this took forever both of us are busy

TWs: Swearing, Character Death, Murder, Fire, Burns, Gore, Drowning, Panic, Blood

I squinted against the wind. My boots made loud crunches with each step. “Love! Slow down!” Aax called, he was helping Caspian up a ledge. “Shit, sorry!” I went back and helped my partners. “There should be powdered snow up here somewh-” I was cut off as I fell into a powdered snow patch, sinking up to my waist.

“GODS THAT'S COLD!” I pulled myself out as fast as I could, brushing off the snow. “Well I guess we have powdered snow?” Caspian spoke, using a bucket to scoop up some of the snow. I crouched down and filled my own bucket with snow. The metal was icy against my bare hands, the cold biting at my skin.

“What do we even need the snow for anyways?” Aax asked, filling his own buckets. “I want to have some around just in case. It makes a great trap and we can use it on injuries” We finished collecting the snow in silence. If we were gonna have to fight each other to the death, I at least wanted to be prepared. As much as I don’t want to kill anyone, I know I have too.

A bolt of lightning struck somewhere over the mountains and my communicator pinged. Caspian and Aaxs pinged at the same time. Seven was impaled on a stalagmite. “UHH” Caspian started.

I rapidly typed out a message, praying he would come back like Arisanna did. I breathed a sigh of relief when his name popped up. Just like Arisannas, it was yellow.

Seven: I am alright, do not worry.

Icarus: What the hell happened?!

Ulysses: That may have been me-

Aax: WHAT?!

Ulysses: It was an accident I promise! I had a small dripstone trap setup to catch animals, I didn’t mean to hurt anyone!

Seven: It is okay, Ulysses, I will be okay.

Aax was visibly fuming to my left. “He can’t just get away with that! He killed someone!” Caspian rubbed Aax's shoulder, pulling the Olm to their feet. “It was an accident, and if we find out otherwise, we’ll deal with him” Aax sighed and nodded.

I picked up my bucket and started heading down the mountain. I looked up at the sky, a few stars were already appearing in the fading sunset. As I was watching the sky, I wasn’t paying attention to where I was going. My foot suddenly slipped out from underneath me. I yelped, trying to grab at anything as I slid towards the edge. Snow pressed against my face as I slid. “RAE!” I couldn’t do anything.

I screamed as I slipped over the edge. I fell down, down, down. I couldn’t see any way I was surviving this. The ground was coming closer and closer. Then my vision turned red. Redder than any other red I had ever seen. Redder than roses, Redder than poppies, redder than blood, until I was plunged into darkness.

<~+~>

Rae fell from a high place.

<~+~>

I was already running the second I saw another lightning strike. I checked my comm while I was running. My eyes grew wide as Raes name popped up on the screen. I ran faster, wind whipping past my face as I left the forest and into the main plains. Rae fell from the sky, hitting the bedrock with a thump.

“Rae!” I pulled my brother to his feet and into a hug. My arms held him close to my chest. I folded my wings around him as best I could, trying to block out the rest of the world for a moment. “I-Icarus” His voice cracked, “I was just watching the stars”

I rubbed Raes back gently, “You idiot” My voice wavered, “Please be careful” I held my brother in a hug for a while longer, the torches around spawn holding back the creatures of the night. Rae looked up at me with tear soaked cheeks. Yellow tendrils squirmed under the surface of the purple side of his face. His usually green eye of ender was no longer green with yellow highlights.