on the road

Harper's pov

I had woken up early today so we could get on the road before traffic starts. I take a quick shower then brush my teeth I put on a thick oversized hoodie and some sweat pants before going to wake up Maya. I sit on the side of the bed and gently pat her back. Maya sweetie we have to go she turns away from me and buries her head under the cover I accept the fact she's not going to get up on her own so I pull the cover back and pick her up. I ignore her whines of protest and bring her to the bathroom and sit her on the counter. I help her brush her teeth and wash her face I dress her in a flower sweat shirt and some cargo pants i grab the bookbags we brought in and take them to the car and check out of the motel. I set up maya in the backseat shes buckled in watching her iPad i hand her a bag of goldfish before driving off.
....
We have about two hours until we make it to Jordans house. it's night time now we have been driving all day we stopped for gas and food awhile ago. Maya had ate and fallen asleep awhile back. I look in my mirror back at her shes leaning on her seat belt with her pacifier in her mouth. she doesn't look that comfortable I'm so happy we're almost there so I can get her in a bed I put on some music and turn it down low singing along as i focus on the road.

I pull up into the driveway Jordan was waiting outside she runs to the side of the car I open the door and she immediately hugs me. I missed you to i say melting into the hug. me and jordan have been best friends since middle school we just haven't been able to see each other since we decided to move to different places for college. we stay like that for awhile before she lets me go. wheres your friend you have been telling me about she says looking in the car. shes back there im pretty sure shes still sleep i say getting out of the car stretching. long drive she says looking at me smiling yeah i say returning the smile i walk around to mayas side. i let out a anxious sigh here we go i say to myself as i unbuckle her and pick her up i kick the door shut before walking inside with her. i look over to jordan but she doesn't seem to mind i lay maya down on the couch taking off her shoes and socks before covering her up with a blanket that was thrown over the side of the couch. your not going to say anything I say to Jordan nervously. about what her being the cutest thing in the world she says adjusting mayas pacifier that slipped out of her mouth when I was taking off her shoes. wait really I say shocked. Harper please i study phycology I know what age regression is she says taking a sip out of the coffee mug she had sitting on the counter. i forgot about you studying phycology I say laughing slightly she hums looking me over lets finish unpacking your car so we can get to bed.
....
An hour later we had finally got all are stuff Inside exhausted I lay face first on the couch careful not to disturb Maya. Jordan walks over to me handing me a cup of lemonade laughing we can start unpacking all of these bags tomorrow go lay down I got Maya she says looking at me. I head to the room it was a big room with a king sized bed and a bathroom connected to it. Jordan has a three bedroom apartment with a full kitchen and a decent sized living room. I change into one of my oversized shirts i don't bother with any pants since the room is warm I lay down enjoying the comfort of the bed. I feel Jordan laying Maya in the bed next to me i fall asleep feeling more peace then i have in awhile.

Author ✍🏾
This is becoming one of my favorite books to work on :)