36 | Family | Last Chapter

(Art by me) Thank you all for reading!!

Hinata was playing with Kenichi in his new room. Komaeda was making dinner for the three of them.

"Daddy, look! I have a superman figure!"

"That's awesome, buddy,"

"And who's your superhero?"

"Batman,"

"Bedman? Is he so sleepy?"

Hinata laughed. "Yeah, he's always really tired,"

"He's like you after work!"

"I'll take that as a compliment. Batman is really cool. And if I'm Batman, you're Robin,"

"I'm Kenichi,"

"Robin is Batman's sidekick,"

"I don't kick your side,"

The door opened. "Dinner is ready- Oh, what a mess you made... Hajime, can you help Kenichi tidy up his room before he goes to bed?"

"Of course, babe." He got up and threw Kenichi over his shoulder. The little boy giggled. "Aah!! Papa, I'm kidnapped!"

"What?? Don't you dare hurt my son!" Komaeda exclaimed. Hinata ran to the kitchen, careful not to drop Kenichi.

"Honey, that smells amazing," Hinata told the pale man when he saw the food. "Keni, go sit down. I'll get you a plate ready." He put him down on the floor.

"Okay!"

Komaeda wrapped his arms around Hinata's neck. "Oh?" The brunet asked, turning red. "Can I help you?" He put his hands on Komaeda's waist.

"I think you know the answer to that,"

"Oh yeah?" He leaned over, dipping Komaeda. The pale man blushed.

"Come on, just kiss me! No need to get all flirty..."

"You started it, baby,"

"Baby??-"

"Let me say it this once." Hinata said and kissed him.

"Daddy, I'm hungry!" Kenichi called out.

"Mmh-" Komaeda pulled away from the kiss. "It's time for dinner. We can't kiss now,"

Hinata leaned down to whisper into his ear. "Don't worry, I'll make sure to kiss you later,"

Komaeda kissed his cheek. "I'm looking forward to it,"

They finally got their food and ate dinner after that.

-

That year's Christmas rolled around. Komaeda bought gifts for the kids at the orphanage again with the help of his family. He spent the day there until the evening, when Hinata picked him and Kenichi up to go home.

Their house was decorated beautifully. Hinata had bought a tree and Komaeda decorated it. There were lots of gifts under the tree.

Today was the anniversary of his father's death, but Komaeda wasn't thinking about that. He was instead thinking about his own son and his amazing husband.

Kenichi opened all the presents with a bright smile on his face. "A toy car!!" He yelled. "Thank you!! Oh and colored pencils!! And fluffy slippers!"

Komaeda leaned his head on Hinata's shoulder. The brunet tucked a strand of Komaeda's hair behind his ear. "I love you, my darling." He kissed his forehead.

"I love you too, Hajime,"

"I love you so much, babe." He kissed him on the lips. "Forever and ever and ever. Oh, I almost forgot, I have a gift for you. Come with me,"

He covered the pale man's eyes and lead both Komaeda and Kenichi into a room. Hinata uncovered his eyes.

"Here, this is for you guys. I really, really love you both. You've made my life so much better and I'll always protect and take care of both of you. I mean, I'll take care of Kenichi a bit more than you, honey, but you know what I mean,"

The gift was a painting that showed Komaeda sleeping on the couch with Kenichi curled up in his arms.

"Kenichi, you're my little prince." He picked him up. "And you can always talk to me, okay? And Nagito-" He looked at him. "You'll always be my muse. I'll keep painting you forever. Uh, if you're okay with that,"

Tears rolled down Komaeda's cheeks. "Of course I am!"