V.8| The exit

"It feels like we have broken bones, but mine is still broken and you're healed."

She parked her car rushing out into the Jeffersonian Her breaths uneven, she came up to the front desk not even giving a hello, “i got a call- where do I go?” she said clearly but in an almost crying voice
“Mrs summer, you can just go to the conference room.” she pushed away from the front desk, turning to go down the hall. She soon came to the door, taking a deep breath opening it.

She seen her friends, most specifically bones and booth. She also saw her parents, that haven't seen her since her teen years but she wasn't here for them she was here for him. Xander.

She looked like a mess, hell she was one. First she gets trapped underground, then her brother gets found. Verena, her parents and Bones and Booth was left in the room.

Booth first started talking, Verena avoided eye contact with anyone, “When your daughter Verena was found, there was a set of bones buried beside Verena.” he paused for a second, letting that sink in, “We took the remains back to our lab, after some time we were able to identify that they were in fact, Xander Summers remains.”

At that point what else they had said, she blocked it out. Her brother was found, she should feel Happy that he could finally be put to rest, But she wasn't, a mix of emotions flowed though her. There was already a grave for him, after a year of him missing they had buried his favorite things, and called it a day.

He had a headstone and everything, but he was found. They had given up on him, on Myself. I was happy that they could find something out of this, but he was a child, and so was I.

after the Meeting, she sat there until her parents had left, watching the window waiting for them to leave so she wouldn't have to talk to them. 

She had gotten up then when she saw the green pickup pull out the parking lot, she said a goodbye to her friends and went out to her car, she waited a moment till she finally left the building, walking to her car was a weird experience.

She would normally be leaving later, but it was just the afternoon, the sun setting. She was just a girl then, now she was a woman dealing with the same things all over again.

She heard a loud Wait, before she had gotten in her car. She turned to her head and saw booth, he was out of breath when he finally got up to her.

“I'm sorry, I know how much you wanted to find your brother alive.”
She let out a small smile, “He was gone a long time ago, I just couldn't accept it.” She said, a crack in her voice. “call me whenever okay? I'm here for you.” Booth replied, “i will, promise” She spoke, she gave him a hug, him returning it. She let go and gave a bye, before getting out of her car and pulling out the driveway.

Sorry for not updating!! Been super busy with school, etc :)
Hope you like this chapter!