Prologue

'I never want to stop making memories with you' - Pierre Jeanty

The young kitten yawned and stretched her front and back paws as she woke up from a nap. Upon seeing it was still night though, she got back into a comfortable curling position in the soft newspaper she had found a while ago. This was her daily routine. Overall, she would just always sleep. If hungry, make her way to her alley's garbage bin, and if thirsty, go find the closest puddle. Nothing really interested her much in trying to stay awake, and she just didn't have the mood to play.

Using the sounds of night in the city to go back to sleep, the blurry image of a dream was slowly starting to flow. But of course, that's when it happened, she wasn't sure when exactly, but it happened. Yelling was heard from the alley's building, and, a few seconds later, a person, not that young but not that old either, came from whatever inside the building was and behind her, another female human. Their yelling was all the kitten needed to get out of the alley.

Some time later that same night, the kitten had returned to see, much to her dismay, one of the arguing beings still in the alley. She was just...sitting against the wall, her expression had read she was staring at the other wall, but her eyes read she was focusing on nothing. This caused the kitten to groan. Feelings were just a waste, why couldn't any living creature just put em aside? This was the exact same reason she preferred to live sleeping. Miserably, she began to make her way in search of another alley. Well, she would have, if it wasn't for a sudden, amazing smell.

Upon having turned back, she noticed a can of fresh tuna just a few steps away. When she didn't get near it, the particular human being nudged it a bit closer. After sniffing it one more time, the kitten wasted no time that night on chewing the delicious, free meal. She haven't noticed the human begin to chuckle. She haven't noticed her starting to pet her. She haven't noticed when she began slowly talking. She haven't noticed when she got picked up and into a car.

However, upon waking up next to being in a bed surrounded by blankets, next to the particular being, and inside an apartment, she couldn't help but snuggle closer to her and close her eyes, enjoying the moment and the realization that from now on, things  might be better with this person.