Part 1

Celestia sends power to her horn, with relative ease raising the sun. The dull purples and vivid blues giving way to rose gold and orange hues, adjusting the spell for the sun to follow its usual course. Sighing happily, Celestia takes a moment to enjoy the sun's heat on her face, the warmth and breeze mixing to help her feel fresh. The sound of birds singing in the distance giving her mood a boost as she turned to head inside, having already prepared two stacks of pancakes, she sits at one end of the dining table and levitates a fork into the air, ready to consume the chocolate chip and caramel drizzle, strawberry and raspberry pancakes.

A sudden aura of misery ruins the mood as Luna trudges in. Bags under her eyes and a scowl that could make most ponies flee in terror.

"Oh, good morning Luna-" said Celestia, stabbing her fork into the thick fluffy breakfast "-care for some pancakes? Caramel and banana today." Stiff silence hung in the fresh morning air for a beat, Celestia honestly expecting for Luna to grab a piece of fruit out the bowl sat in the middle of the table and walking off. Much to her surprise though, Luna looked to the sugary meal and went over,  the scowl lessening a bit as she smelled the warm pancakes.

"Thank you sister, i might actually need these just to get to bed today." Lifting the fork with her horn, the magic visibly weaker compared to normal, Luna weakly stabs it into a slice of banana, lifting it to her lips. Just to bite down on metal as it falls off into a stream of caramel sauce.

"Are you ok Luna? Did something happen in the realm of dreams last night?" Inquired Celestia, putting a fruit in her mouth and contently chewing away at the juicy raspberry. "Im-yawn-fine, Tia, more nightmares than normal last ni-yawn-night, thats all..." her eyelids droop as she brings the banana slice to her mouth, the caramel coated fruit falling off the fork again onto the side of the plate. Trying her best not to smirk at Luna's inability to pierce a banana properly, Celestia swallowing her mouthful before speaking, her voice measured, regal and warm. "I see, is there anything i could do for you Luna? I have fifteen minutes before i start my duties."

Luna stares daggers at the banana slice, piercing it, then the pancake, tearing off a piece thick enough that sticks to the fork. Chomping down on it, a small smile comes to Luna's lips, sticky caramel sauce warming her throat. Looking at Celestia, she takes another piece, bringing it to her lips and speaks before chewing. "Yes, please ask Discord to stop threatening our subjects with a sugarless existence. Ten ponies had nightmares of Equestria-yawn-without sugar." On cue, disembodied laughter comes from nowhere, and a peculiar smell of mango.

"Oh-ho-oh? My ears are burning! Luna?! I didnt know you liked pancakes!" Discord appears in a flash, floating on air around the table. Looking back at her pancakes, they've changed from brown circles, to scarily realistic frying pans. Celestia gives Discord a firm look. "Discord,  what have you been up to? And why are you threatening our subjects with no sugar?" Luna's ears pull back as she looks at the pans on her plate, deciding not to test fate abd loose a tooth, She gets up and starts to walk past Discord. "You see Celestia-" started Discord, grabbing a frying pan covered in caramel "-i decided to go all over equestria and try out different bakeries, Dessert shops and Icecream vendors and try their products. Alas-" He takes a bite out the solid cast iron pan, the sound of scratching metal making Luna wince. "-it sheemsh mosht poniesh dont know my prferensh when it comsh to shweetsh." Swallowing the iron, he puts the pan back on the plate. His tail having detached and split into three different desserts, a pink milkshake, a blue cupcake and a pot of brown goo of some sort. Luna stops walking, turning her scowl on Discord. Celestia raises her brow, swallowing her mouthful before talking.

"Well, your threats have made Luna's job more difficult,  id appreciate it if you could knock it off Discord." Turning his smile on Luna, he floats over to her. As soon as he gets within distance, she grabs him by the neck and pulls him to her face, anger giving her a burst of energy. "You  threatened our subjects just because they couldnt get your orders right!?" Shouted Luna, the bags under her eyes seeming bigger than before. Discord shrugs, detaching his neck before reattaching it to pull away from her. "Ive seen Karens do it, so why cant i?" Discord stays cool and calm as Luna seems to swell with rage. Before anypony can say anything else, a pegasus servant flies up behind Luna, timidly speaking as they bow. "Princess Luna, is evreything ok? I-i got worried when it took you longer than normal to come to your chambers."

Closing her eyes, Luna lowers her head and turns to the mare. "Yes, Fragrant Silk, im ok, just dining with my sister before bed...its been a long night." The mares dark pink mane fell on her left eye as she stood back up from bowing, gently asking "would you like me to escort you back to your chambers, Princess Luna?" "Actually,  Fragrant Silk-" spoke up Celestia, Tilting the remains of the frying pans in the rubbish bin. "-id like you to send a letter to Fluttershy-" Discords fave went from care free to worried the instant her name was spoken "-informing her of Discord threatening bakers all over Equestria" Nodding, the mare runs off into the maze of corridors. Discord appears at Celestia's side, on his knees and begging with a bunch of puppies and kittens surrounding him.

Rolling her eyes at the display, Luna starts walking for her chambers, the momentary sugar quickly wearing thin as sleep pulled at her eyelids.