five

"Woah." Said Lance as he entered the front doors to the Garrison. "It's so different!"

"Right? We had to pretty much remodel absolutely everything in order to make the advances we needed. We also built a whole extention to the west wing where we have a new training centre!"

"That's awesome Pidge! How did you guys pull all of this off in three years?"

"Honestly we were done within the first year and a half."

Lance's eyes widened in disbelief. There's no way they could've pulled all that off in such a short amount of time.

Walking through the hallways, Lance's eyes couldn't stop darting around the place. This was not the building he remembered. This was not the building he spent most of his childhood in, training how to become a pilot and where everything started.

After about fifteen minutes of walking, they finally reached the west wing.

"This is where me and my family spend most of our time." Pidge stated as he scanned her hand on the door before it opened, letting them through.

A tall, long haired man turned around at the sound of the doors opening. "Katie! You're back!" He shouted before looking to her side and spotting Lance. "Lance? Oh my, good to see you!" He said as he took his arm out towards Lance.

"Hi Matt." Lance replied, taking his hand in what he thought was going to be a hand shake before Matt pulled him in for a hug.

"How's it going? You holding up okay? I see you grew your hair out too." Matt asked as he let go.

"Yeah, I did. I thought you cut yours?"

"I did, but the Mrs wasn't too happy about it, so I grew it out again."

"Wait you're married?"

"Soon to be!"

"Who's the lucky lady?"

"Do you remember the girl I brought back to Earth? I don't think you guys formally met, but we started dating and now we're getting married!"

"Congrats man!" Lance said, acting excited, but really he was quite confused. He remembered Matt coming back with a robot woman, but he had no idea they were dating. He can't be on about her, right?

Matt left, needed to go take care of something in a different room, so Lance was left alone with Pidge. He thought this would be a good chance to ask, "Pidge, wasn't the girl be brought home, like, a robot?"

Pidge giggled. "She's an android."

"Isn't that the same thing?"

"Not really. You see, robots are just machines, they don't have emotions, they can't think for themselves, and they need to be programmed. Androids, well, they technically do-"

"Pidge, Pidge, please. Spare me the geeky stuff."

"She can form her own thoughts and feelings just like we can."

"Ooh, okay." Lance nodded. "I'm happy for them."

The two walked down into another room where Pidge said her father would be. When they walked in, Lance was once again greeted with a hug and loads of questions about how he's been 'holding up'.

Finally getting past the small talk, Sam started telling Lance more in detail about all the changes they've made around here. Lance didn't understand half of it, but he was amazed nonetheless.

"I'm going to take Lance to meet the cadets now. I promised them a lesson in shooting."

"Oh that's great! They deserve a treat from one of the former paladins. They'll be extatic. Have fun!"